“Lovely hotel and grounds for a special occasion” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Luton
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel and grounds for a special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I went to Luton Hoo for a weekend get-a-away with my husband. We got there at 10am on Saturday morning for a spot of shooting which was a lot of fun. It was my first time shooting and the lesson was enjoyable and the trainer was pleasent and engaging.

Following on from that we had lunch at the bar. I had a ploughmans and my other half had a wrap. The service was average and the meal was also. Following on from that, we both had spa treatments of an hour aromatherapy massage. The massage was of a decent quality, not the best I've had but the therapists were pleasent, friendly and professional. Following on from our maassage we relaxed in the SPA roof terrace whilst we snacked on the various fruits provided. This was very enjoyable.

Following on we made use of the SPA facilities. There is a sauna, a slightly cooler sauna, a steam room, a pool and jacuzzi. The facilities were average and one downside of the area is that they didn't have water dispensers at the pool. This meant we had to keep going into the changing rooms to fill up our water bottles. Also, the jacuzzi buttons weren't working meaning we couldn't try any of the settings.The changing room facilities were nice and clean and towels, robes and slippers were provided.

There are two options for dinner at the hotel. Formal dinner in the main house or slightlier informal at the Wernher Resturant. We found the meal and service to be very pleasent. The portion sizes were slightly on the small side, but if you have a three course dinner you will be more then satisfied.

The rooms were large, spacious, clean and elegant and ours had a double sink, bath and shower. We also had a sofa and armchair which was a nice touch.

The best thing about the the Luton Hoo by far is the vast and beuatiful grounds. If you enjoy nature then you will have a wonderful time visiting. Bikes are available to hire which we did and it was a great way to explore our surroundings.

Overall, I had a lovely weekend at the Luton Hoo. Although the spa facilities weren't spectacular, the overall experience and the amazing grounds definatly make it a great choice for a special occasion or a romantic weekend away.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Turkish first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Myself and my partner recently had Sunday lunch at The Wernher Restaurant and can't praise it enough! The hotel itself is a delight and fabulously stunning inside & out. The waiters in the Wernher Restaurant provided first class service and although a formal restaurant it wasn't so stuffy that you felt uncomfortable or ill at ease. The food was delicious and there was a varied menu including good old fashioned Sunday roast. Excellent value at £35 per person for a three course meal and is a real treat for a special occasion. The grounds are beautiful and I recommend that you explore as far as the rock garden which is a secluded little oasis of calm all of it's own, with stream and waterfall ~ just beautiful! Would definitely recommend this restaurant and will definitely be going again! Very Impressed!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The house is stunning but if you're on a spa break be warned, you will only see it for breakfast otherwise you're in the stable block with other spa breakers and middle management on away days. Out hotel room was beautiful, the food was fair. The service very mixed. Some of the staff were pleasant others were brimming with attitude, visibly irritated if you trouble them with a question. I would describe many of them as lacking grace of any description. Breakfast is until 10 but you will be hurried along if you arrive near to 10 and they take the buffet away promptly at 10. Nothing can be consumed near the pool so you have to traipse over to the the drab 19th bar if you need refreshment. The 90 minute spa treatment was actually 60 minutes. Would I go again? Perhaps - if I could avoid the unpleasant staff, and definitely not for a spa.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank GruffaloPie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked a party for our silver wedding anniversary at Luton Hoo for 120 guests, with half of them staying for the night. We have visited many hotels around the world but the service, the food and the friendliness of the staff was second to none!

The room were really comfortable and clean, it's nice to stay in a room that isn't a carbon copy of every other you have been too. All of our guests remarked on what a wonderful hotel this is, with beautiful views and great facilities.

If you want to hold an event, we would highly recommend Luton Hoo

Room Tip: We really liked the Parkland rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jands2
Hitchin, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and 7 other friends stayed here for an overnight spa break. The mansion house has a wow factor about it. Unfortunately, the service that you would expect from a 5 star hotel is seriously lacking. When we first arrived and had checked in, we decided to go for a spot of lunch at the 19th hole bar - we had to clear away dirty plates before we could sit down. We then waited for 10 minutes for someone to come over, which no one did, so we went inside to order our food and drinks. The food was lovely, but 2 of us had to wait for our meals so our friends had finished theirs before ours came.
We had our evening meal in the Adams brasserie. We were joined by 5 extras for dinner. It took a long time for someone to come over and take our drinks order. When the food came, my meal was incorrect. The waitress actually argued with me telling me that that was what was ordered!! It wasn't but I didn't want to cause a scene so I took the meal from her. Unfortunately it was a steak which was very bloody so I had to call someone back over and ask them to grill it more - well you would of thought I asked the earth. The waitress snatched the plate from me and stormed off to the kitchen.
I am not a rude person, I simply asked that was all but I was absolutely gobsmacked with the attitude of some (not all I hasten to add) of the staff.
When we got back to our room, we were supposed to have had our bed separated into twin beds at turn down, this unfortunately hadn't happened.
I called down to reception and was met with another rude member of staff who basically made me feel like I was asking for too much.
It took 30 minutes for them to sort it.
There were a few other issues that we encountered over our 24 hour visit which is very disappointing having first been excited by the prospect of the weekend and being able to return with my husband for a golf break......I certainly won't be returning as it doesn't live up to the 5 star badge.

Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Natalia F
Grantham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

In addition to the stunning views, the rooms are very well furnished and truly comfortable. This was an end-of-vacation treat and, though fairly expensive, we enjoyed the luxury and the high-end living. This is a luxury hotel that lives up to its billing.
Ask for a room at the back so that you can see more of the wonderful parklands and the formal gardens. My wife really appreciated the full-length bath and the Moulton Brown toiletries.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Verwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

A great place for a romantic break. Food is excellent but drinks are a little pricey.
Would definitely recommend.
The management should consider opening the brasserie and bar later to cater for larger groups. We ended up with Taxis into town as a result.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andy4265
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luton
Sopwell House
Icon Hotel Luton
#3 of 25 in Luton
Hilton Garden Inn Luton North
Holiday Inn Luton-South

Been to Luton Hoo Hotel Golf and Spa? Share your experiences!