“Amazing Place To Go!”
Review of The Hansom Cab Pub

The Hansom Cab Pub
Ranked #35 of 347 Restaurants in Luton
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Family friendly community pub with good value meals and children's outdoor play area. We have Free WIFI, Sky sports, BT sports, darts and a pool table. We have disabled access and also have baby changing facilities.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Well what can I say?!? Ever since the last Landlord left (Liam) and the new Landlady (Kate) has taken over the pub has been flying! Never seen it so busy up until now; the drinks are excellent, the food is lovely, the staff are brilliant (no waiting to be served, no shortage of staff) and also the Landlady is pretty much around nigh on all the time making sure things are running smoothly unlike the last Landlord who was pretty much never to be seen! Top marks from me, my family and my friends; they’re doing an excellent job and I look forward to seeing how far this pub can go in the future!

3  Thank JoshHazell

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is my local pub, our pub really is popular and it can hard to get served especially when sport is on but since the change of management the pub has come on leaps and bounds,its still busy and can take a while to get served but everything seems to be running smoothly and the bar staff are happy to see customers, I haven't had to get staff to change my beer since the change and the food quality has improved, we now have Bands, Discos and lots of sport it's a great atmosphere,what a pub we have now! I hope we get to keep Kate for a long time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This pub was a great pub up until the previous manager moved on (Liam). Unfortunately the new management hasn’t a clue when it comes to customer service ....as you literally cannot get served!!! We have now 3 times in the past month walked in the pub, stood for ten to fifteen minutes at the bar waiting to be served, and walked out again!!! Last night was a perfect example. We popped round as we had seen they were showing a band and thought it might be a good night. We stood at the bar for at least ten minutes along with others who looked as though they had been waiting a long time, whilst other people who walked in after us then got served before us. The poor staff didn’t know who to serve next as the place was manic. But this could all be resolved by employing more staff!! I understand the new management likes to keep outlay on staffing to a minimum and if this is the case then this pub will go down hill very rapidly as people will not be willing to wait. It’s a shame, as people like us who live within walking distance and who had started to use the pub quite regularly for meals etc, will now go elsewhere and spend our money, along with no doubt a lot of other people. :(

3  Thank Lynsey H
Katie G, General Manager at The Hansom Cab Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Lynsey H,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback, I am so sorry that your visit(s) have not been up to standard.

I can assure that this is not the norm, I am sorry that you have faced the brunt of when it goes wrong.

The evening you visited was particularly busy, we had already planned 3 more staff than usual however there was a large influx of customers at once which sadly slowed down service.

It would be great to discuss the matter further with you, please feel free to email me on 4192@greeneking.co.uk or telephone on 01582 727 400.

Katie.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Came here with my family for a meal and was welcomed with a big smile, food was great as well as the atmosphere

1  Thank Cronin38
Katie G, Manager at The Hansom Cab Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Cronin38,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! The team were so pleased to hear of your review!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Katie

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Great food and service. Polite and welcoming. Great for families. Would recommend to all and will definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank Simon E

Hi Simon E,

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we really do appreciate it!

The team and I are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Katie