“A place to avoid”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife had been here and raved about it, so we took a couple of friends as a birthday treat. Initial interrogation as to whether we'd booked was not promising, but it got worse. Service was slow, haphazard and downriight surly. The food was average, my steak was excellent quality (thanks to the butcher)but poorly cooked, and vegetables were indifferent to say the least. We had house red wine which was thin, possibly watered. The older waitress was scruffy and belligerent, particularly after more than 31/2 hours when we had the bill as I declined to pay the service charge. Her response was " I assume you're leaving a tip instead" Sadly this was not the case. I've read the other review for july, I think they were at an adjoining table. Shan't be going back under any circumstances.

1  Thank DentaBarb
There are newer reviews for Le Steak Parisien

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited as a birthday treat, we eat out a lot and wanted something different. Service is very slow the older woman is miserable and we got told off by her for ringing the poundshop tacky ring for sex bell. Why put bells on the table if you don't want people to use them?

The young waitress was very sweet and generally cared about her job.
Starters were great 3 of us had garlic bread 1 had french onion soup. The steaks were ordered 3 medium and 1 medium rare 1 was overcooked compared to the rest and quite dry. The cherry cheesecake was awful.
The restaurant was very hot and no air con

Will not return as we can get same quality food at a lower price elsewhere with better service

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have been visiting Le Steak Parisien for the last twenty years. I have eaten steak in countries all over the world and the Sirloin steak at LSP equals anything I have had anywhere. It is certainly better than anything I've had anywhere in Europe - including some well known restaurants in London and Paris. The Coquille St. Jacques has always been to die for. I have to say though, I still miss the atmosphere and cosy nature of the original restaurant premises.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Food and service were outstanding despite a large rowdy group in the restaurant, the staff worked very hard. A couple of the steaks were slightly under cooked but this was dealt with swiftly and no problem. Great value meal given the high quality.

Will be going again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I am a regular at the restaurant for more than twenty years and was at the restaurant again tonight with my partner and friends.There was a very loud table of about 20 people at the top of the restaurant and a couple of the party were moaning and very rude to the waitresses who did a wonderful job I am not sure how they stayed so cool and patient . The steak was amazing yet again the best in the area by far.The vegetables were lovely and fresh and nothing is tinned or processed in this restaurant .If any one complains then they must be the problem as although everything may not be perfect the food,the staff and the welcome are second to none.We will be back and would recommend people to try as you will be back.