Review Highlights
Iconic and inescapable

Whilst travelling around the area the tower of the Emley Moor transmitting station is pretty hard... read more

Reviewed 22 October 2018
Sunlounger99
UK
It's a looking visit but you cannot go up

Emley moor mast is seen from the M1 and everywhere in Huddersfield. We now have our third and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
A3303XQpaulh
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews iconic landmark eiffel tower fantastic structure land mark interesting history ice cream van mast acres layby yorkshire height tallest skyline clouds
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This is not really an attraction as you can only park in the layby and look up at the mast. It is a fantastic structure, unfortunately you cant go up it, only select few people have made the trip to the top which takes 7 minutes in the lift! If you want to save fuel have a look online instead, theres a lot of amazing pics.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Dbr85
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Emley Moor mast is a great place to take someone if they are passing by, It has amazing views and is a nice place to take photos. There is also a very nice restaurant very close called The Three Acres Inn.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank Harrysmith168
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Worth a visit to appreciate the vast height of the structure, but to be frank, you're better viewing photos on google from the top.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We actually live right next to Emley. I used to be able to also see it from my house when I was little growing up, and always thought it was some kind of castle. When I had my little girl, and we grew up in the distance, she wondered what it was too "Rapunzel's Tower" I'd tell her. She's now 4, still hasn't been close enough to see EXACTLY what it is, but calls it the tangled tower lol

When the magic starts to fade, I will take her for a tour ;) as I've never been there myself and I'm 30 years old now!

Date of experience: October 2017
2  Thank Michaela P
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Visited with my enquisitive 7yr old who could not believe it was taller than Eiffel Tower.
The views are just so amazing and would highly recommend just visiting or driving past. We've all seen it from afar but nothing beats seeing Emley up close.

Date of experience: August 2017