“Nice food BUT WHY SWEET CHILLI”
Review of Laxmi

Laxmi
Ranked #92 of 549 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Food fantastic as ever. Brilliant vegetarian options. Nice to have free pops and pics but why on earth would you put sweet chilli sauce as one of the accompaniments ???

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the starters and mains. Everytgjng was quite spicy even the onion starter and the korma so not really suitable for young children. Nice and clean inside, friendly staff.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Popped in for the early bird menu and efficient service from the waitress and an OK welcome from the bar man. Have been to Laxmi before and had a reasonable meal so this visit was an ideal opportunity to have dinner whilst waiting for son to finish rugby. Popadum and pickle tray fine, starter was patchy with one paneer pakora resembling an empty tea bag but time was short so let that one go. Main meal arrived, Lamb Murchi, looked good apart from a human hair (mix of colours, dread to think where it came from) protruding from the first fork full. Suffice to say that was the end of my appetite and the owner offered to provide another main but my confidence in the kitchen had understandably gone. Spoke to the owner again as I was leaving and her comment "I can see you didn't have any of the main so will just charge you for your drink" - thinking about that there was an underlying suggestion that thankfully I was not trying to hoodwink Laxmi, but I was astonished that a customer having endured a pretty dreadful experience would be charged for a drink when the meal was contaminated with a human hair. Suffice to say the drink was not paid for. An example of, in my humble opinion and without prejudice, woeful customer service and as a consequence I will not return. As a footnote, without forensic examination, the owner was able to ascertain the hair did not come from anyone at the Laxmi but an outside agency - astounding ability that Silent Witness and Quincy would be proud of.

1  Thank Kevin D
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I’m a huge curry fan and I can honestly say of all the Indian food I’ve ever had, including on a few trips around India, this place is my favourite. I’d put it down to the quality of the ingredients and the consistency of the chefs. The food is so exceptional and the atmosphere so relaxed the odd inexperienced waiter really doesn’t matter, as some of the other reviews seem to suggest. We love the Goan chicken, the chick peas, okra, keema + peas. The cheese parathas are a must try and the samosas are the best.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I went here with my 3 friends. They thought it was great. I must agree with them that the service & decor were fine. Everything was clean & tidy & the food was well presented. I think the quality of the ingredients was also fine but I was very disappointed with the taste. My lamb Rohan Josh was relatively lacking in flavour with an absence of marination, the naan bread was flat & the Roti quite oily. I would have given it a below average mark, say 4 out of ten, however, my friends rated it an 8 so I feel duty bound to take their views into account. In summation then, a so so from me but a thumbs up from my friends, particularly from Martin, who thought his Chicken Korma was great.