“Would 100% recommend”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
London, United Kingdom
“Would 100% recommend”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Lovely hotel, spotlessly clean and very nice attentive staff. Good car park and handy to have a fridge in the room. Excellent shower and the breakfast offered a good selection and very well organised.

Kelly Brogan

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kelly B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

This is one of those rare hotels: one that is very reasonable in price,provides very good service, and is only a 7 minute walk from town. The room was upgraded and the staff were friendly.
My only quibble with this hotel is the bedsheets were very scratchy on my skin. That said it's the only thing I can comet up with to criticise on a very good one night stay.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DTURNER300
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Having stayed at several places in Huddersfield over the years, the Cambridge is by far the best. Seven or eight minutes walk from the railway station (plus plenty of space for car parking) and you are assured of an attentive and friendly welcome with bags carried to room. Rooms modern, comfortable, spotlessly clean and airy. Splendid breakfasts too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter R
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

When I say it is a terriers hop, walk, and skip to town, I mean it. On Google maps I thought this place was close, it wasn't. The area walking around isn't the best, if you are on foot. They did have the best breakfast I'd say out of all the places I stayed at. One thing I must say, this isn't good for the elderly, a massive hill you have to walk up and down to the hotel, it is on a hill.
I do recommend going there for happy hr at the bar, friendly bar tenders there.
If you can stay actually in the town center, do it, if not, and all else fails, then go here I guess.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I spent a night at this hotel with my family and the service was faultless. The rooms were excellent very clean and nicely furnished, lots of car parking all with CCTV monitored from reception.

This hotel was good value for money, breakfast was great with a good choice. We were a little late in getting there due to a late night but there was still plenty of freshly cooked food, good fresh fruit and a fruit salad.

I had a flat tyre when I came to leave and staff leaving after their shift offered to help change it, no need as my husband had it in hand, but the offer was a nice touch.

I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

Room Tip: The family room we had easily and comfortably sleeps 5
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jeanette P
Lancashire
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My husband and I have just been to the Huddesfield Food Festival, and we have spent two very comfortable nights at the the Cambridge we can honestly say that we could find no faults at all from the minute we booked in to checking out, the young lady on reception was lovely, the room number 31 was spotless, with the queen size bed and very well presented bathroom, the staff couldn't do enough and the breakfast which was cooked fresh to order was excellent will definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and also the food festival was brilliant on the whole a very enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were booked into the Egerton Guest House, and had driven over seven hours on one of the hottest days this year only to find that drunks had trashed the rooms and we couldn't stay there. However the staff had booked us into their sister hotel, the Cambridge Hotel, instead. There we found friendly staff, good rooms and air conditioning, much to our great relief. Sizeable fridge and TV, and very comfortable bed. I would have preferred a bath with power shower but at least everything seems fresh and new. I didn't like the breakfast room - very noisy, busy and hot with an open kitchen - not the least relaxing. The location was very convenient and I didn't feel in the least unsafe. I would definitely stay there again and have already recommended it several times.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family