“Great R&R Spa for a one night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Titanic Spa Apartments

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great R&R Spa for a one night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

Titanic spa is great for relaxation. I went for 1 night with my daughter and we stayed in an apartment' The apartment is very spacious and comfortable. All the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
I have stayed in other spas (Springs and Ragdale Hall) and I have to say the food at the Titanic was not as good.
I would stay there again however one night is enough as apart from their Heat Experience and treatments there is not a lot else to do.
We booked our stay through lastminute.com at a very good price, so it was very good value.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Myself and two friends visited on a Fabulous Friday package. Reception was very busy when we arrived but the organisation was good and we were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Our apartment surpassed all expectations, it was fabulous! The treatments were excellent and efficiently run on time and we made good use of the relaxation room! The buffet lunch was tasty, perhaps the service could have been a bit faster but the restaurant staff were very pleasant. The only thing we weren't keen on was the temperature of the pool/jacuzzi but I realise that "proper swimmers" probably prefer it cool!
The evening meal was of a good standard and the continental breakfast the following morning was good too. All in all we had an excellent stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trishandlewis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

me and 7 friends went for a 1 night stay here and it was amazing, i was a bit sceptical with the stay including food i thought it would not be very good quality, the lunch was lovely and the evening meal even better. The spa facilities were very good, clean and plenty to do the whole stay was really enjoyable and all staff were polite and friendly. I only had the 10 minute fish pedicure which was good all my friends had massages etc which they all enjoyed. The appartment we were given was beautiful, well equipped and clean, real luxury, also had lovely views. Will definately go back next opportunity i get.!

• Stayed March 2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

I wasnt sure how good the spa would be looking at other reviews, however when we got there it was fantastic. We got a really good deal 2 for 1 on an over night spa package. It included lunch, evening meal, breakfast hamper, heat experience and over night stay.

The chef couldnt do enough for us, i have food intolerances ( quite a number of them) & they catered for everything for me. They dished a seperate plate up for me and even gave me 2nds with no problem. For evening meal they had already prepared a list of alernatives off the menu i could have and also how to adapt the dishes to suit me. I was spoilt for choice!! couldnt thank them enough. To top it off they even brought out gluten free cereal and soya milk for me to take up to our room for breakfast.

The heat experience is great, i did think there might be more rooms to use (ie more saunas/rooms) but it was quite sufficient. The relaxation room is fantastic, we spent a few hours in there :).

The apt was lovely, very stylish , although no windows except the balcony door, so difficult to keep open all night. Found it a bit stuffy and warm even though the heating was off and its march. The one bad thing was we had to check out for 10am which is a little too early for my liking. However to extend this time, it was ridiculously priced, something like £20 per hour extra.

Loved the fact we could walk around, including in the bistro with dressing gowns on.

Definatly a great spa, would definatly go again.

Hope this helps

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank am87_11
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

After reading some reviews on here I was a little concerned about what to expect at the Titanic. However, I was pleasantly suprised and very glad I went! We had a twilight spa so spent 3 hours then & it went really quickly. I liked the fact that you were given a cosy warm robe to use and slippers at no additional charge. It wasn't busy like some spas and there was plenty to do. I agree the pool was cold, & it was a bit strange having to walk through the bistro to get to the pool. There is a lovely chill out room with a big circular sunken bed you can have a snooze in. All in all considering the price compared to somewhere like Ragdale I think this was great. Yes there is less to do than at Ragdale but its a fraction of the cost & great for a short relaxing break. Also, some people have been negative about the staff - I found them professional, helpful and most friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank goodisongirl1
sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

Spa package including use of all facilities, meals and one treatment.
Many positives including:
# Very good spa facililties and variety of rooms.
# Prompt service
# Fabulous room
# Couldn't hear others whilst in room
# Very relaxed atmosphere
# Value for money

Few negative points, but would not prevent me re-attending:
# Pool was very cold
# One of the heat experience rooms was not working nor was it advertised as being out of order
# Food looked gorgeous but wasn't really that nice
# High supplement if you require other items from the menu

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sambradh
Watford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

I took my partner to the titanic Spa as a surprise. We had to be there by 11am and as we live 3.5 hours away, so we stayed in Machester the night before.
It was beautiful on arrival however couldn't check in until later that day so we when straight to the 'Heat Experience'! - 5 types of (very small) rooms and that was it! but with 2 Not working left us very unsatified. The problem was reported by many and only came avaialble the following day (on check out)! (The gentlemen we met said that always happens as he lives in one of the apartments in the titanic). The heat experience rooms became very crammed and very disappointing considering there are such a hype about them. We decided to use the Swimming pool (which was lovely) but of course you can only swim for a certain amount if time!)
Lunch was scheduled for a certain time. It was a small buffet lunch with a meat and vegetarian dish followed by a bowl salad and a a bowl of poatatoes. - Very basic but ok.
We had to hurry lunch as our massage treatment was scheduled (we don't get to choose what time lunch or treatments are). The massage was very good, didn't want to leave the room. Girls very friendly and professional.
We could finally check in after our treatment and more problems occured!
The rooms were beautiful. Very OTT for a night stay as it was a mini aprtmentment upstairs and downstairs with it's own kitchen and lounge.
The heating wasn't working so maintanance was called to fix it. The TV was crackling and impossible to watch (but not a major problem). The Blood stains all up the balcony door. The Bathroom was full of mould around the bath tops and up the shower (this wasn't a small amount but all over!). I took pictures to show the manger on departure and even she was very embarassed.
Dinner was ok but again very a very basic buffet. (We had a set time which wasn't flexible) Waiting staff to busy laughing and joking around with other members of staff to serve us.
After a disappointing day (and wish we stayed in Manchester) we went to bed and got rudely awaken at 7.30am with a loud and constant machinery noise. I looked outside and there was a large truck cleaning (thousands) of windows. This went on until we checked out! The Manaher said that the shouldn't have stared til 10am! So why did they allow then to start at 7.30am - surely there was a manager on site!
My partner and I work shifts so it's very difficult to get the same time off together so this was supposed to be a realy treat with left our very sour!
I did e-mail a number of times to the manager who sent us a voucher to use the heat experience rooms for the day! (I did point out I live 3.5 hours away!) I would never return to this Spa and would Never ever recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank SassyJWatford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
Waterton Park Hotel
Waterton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!