“The Titanic Spa Experience”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“The Titanic Spa Experience”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had an overnight stay at Titanic Spa which is situated by a narrow canal in the village of Linthwaite in Yorkshire. It is a converted textile mill with luxury apartments, each with own balconies, lounge/kitchen, and mezzanine bedroom. An overnight break consisted of lunch, dinner and continental breakfast which is taken in the apartment. There is a salt-water swimming pool, the heat & ice experience which consists of hydro zone, steam and sauna rooms. There is a gymnasium. There is also a sun terrace where drinks, snacks and afternoon tea is served. Everyone is given towelling dressing gowns and slippers to spend the day lazing around in. This is a great place to chill out in. The staff are friendly and helpful. We got a 2 for 1 deal which the Spa offers from time to time.

Room Tip: We have stayed many times before and each time the apartment has been excellent.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CarolMooney01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sheffield
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I was reluctant to stay here again following a bad stay in Dec 2012 but I'm so glad I tried it again.
We had a lovely day & night ..
They have changed the lunch to a la carte which is far better than the old buffet style & the food in general is quite brilliant! The evening meal was beautiful
Service very good as always

Great stay - definately will be back as we used to be regularly

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mashcat
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have visited Titanic Spa 4 times now, staying overnight in the apartments twice. Each time I have been happy with the service, particularly in the restaurant. The spa itself is always lovely with many different rooms in the 'heat and ice experience'. The pool is also really nice and there's a quiet room with day beds and a big bean bag pit! A new addition is the large patio area out the back of the restaurant, which was only there on my most recent visit. This was great as sometimes it can get a bit warm in the main spa.

The apartments vary in size but both that I have stayed in were suitable for purpose;' clean, spacious, light and with a balcony. When we stayed for a hen party we were given 2 very large apartments with 5 people sleeping in each. This was fantastic as each apartment was large enough to house us all in the evening for a party and the staff who moved our luggage at the 2pm check-in even stocked up the fridge with all the wine we'd brought.

Another great point about the spa is the food - I'd say it exceeded expectations for an establishment that is not primarily a restaurant. The choice is fairly limited but they seem to do a good job of providing something for everyone.

I recommend Titanic for accommodation, food and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank UncleCatCat
Altrincham
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My partner and I visited Titantic with the overnight package last Friday. We chose Friday as this was a really good deal. The spa has everything to relax and wonderful treatments. My boyfriend had never been to a spa before so didn't know what to expect he loved it. It was mainly ladies and about 9 men with their partners. We arrived at the same time as a hen party, we seemed to have been left and had to go back to reception to ask somebody to show us around. The staff were lovely and very helpful. We would definitely recommend this spa and we would go back for another day.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We visited a few years ago for a day package and was very impressed. We booked to come back and included an overnight stay this time.

The spa package is really worth the money, even if you just have the heat experience, which gives you full use of the saunas, steam room and swimming pool. We booked as an extra a massage and facial which was great, you cannot fault the therapists who are really welcoming and friendly.
The lunch was included in the package which has now changed to 3 choices off the menu as opposed to a buffet which I feel allowed more choice, however the choices we made didn't disappoint and the food was well presented and tasty.

As we hadn't stayed overnight I was unsure what to expect with regards to the evening food and accommodation and I will say I was a bit disappointed especially as the day facilities are excellent.

To begin with the apartment was a little bit tired and in need of a bit of TLC, little touches like the decor and the bathroom. The apartment has a few cushions and pictures but still feels a bit cold and unwelcoming. The continental breakfast in the room consists of a couple of boxes of cereals, plastic wrapped croissants and two pieces of fruit which was pretty poor to be honest, when you pay premium prices you expect a little bit more.
The evening meal was good and the service was good especially one of the young girls who was very attentive and friendly.

I believe a few little extras like offering a free drink even non alcoholic with lunch would be a nice touch as would be offering a drink with your evening meal (we had to pay extra for drinks & desserts).

My next visit would be just to the spa which is really what the trip is all about and thats what the 4 stars are for, the overnight stay I suppose is an extra but wasn't what I was expecting.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveP75
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I've visited the Titanic Spa maybe 8 or 9 times in total. I've been with groups of friends, with my mum and also with just another friend. I have enjoyed every single time I have been there. Sometime I have treatments and sometimes I go overnight just to relax and have a nice time away. I have stayed in different apartments every time I go and am wow'ed by them all, especially the huge apartments when I stayed with friends.

I stayed here 3 weeks ago with a friend and we both thoroughly enjoyed it, as always.

I stayed here 2 days ago and was disappointed the difference a couple of weeks makes, especially with the food.

When I booked my stay, I paid for a buffet lunch and my friends, my mum and myself have always enjoyed the food here - it's amazing.

Unfortunately, it seems that the Titanic Spa is doing some sort of 'cutback' and has foregone the buffet lunch and now only serves a choice of 3 salads. None of which were exciting or what I normally have whilst visiting here. It was such a disappointment and throughout the day, we heard several other guests complaining about it. The person who I went with was Gluten Free and she basically had a piece of lettuce with 2 bits of chicken on and 2 small new potatoes. It wasn't brilliant and was really disappointing.

The evening meal had also changed. There was only one choice of a 'sharing starter' which unfortunately wasn't suitable for my GF friend and none of the desserts were GF either. Normally, there would be a lovely choice for starters but not now. The main was still of the same quality and was still nice but it was such a shame about all the other aspects.

Now I love the Titanic Spa and I feel abit 'cheated' that I didn't get what I paid for or what I'm used to. I have recommended the Spa to many many people, all of who have enjoyed it. I have visited here before with my GF friend but now, unfortunately, my friend wouldn't visit here again due to them not catering for GF. It's such a shame and I can only hope that they revert back to the amazing buffet lunch and the amazing evening meal as why change something that was never broken????

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank northyorksgal
Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed on a Sunday night, so not quite as cheap as some of the BOGOF offers during true midweek, but definitely still good value.

The apartment room would allow you to do your own cooking, but we had all meals included. Whilst there was a fan in our room we did still find it very hot, but we really liked the set up.

There were a good variety of spa rooms to try out, unfortunately the crystal room was out of order on our visit, but still plenty of others to relax in. The massage we had included in our package was just wonderful!

The menu choices at lunch seemed a little more limited, but plenty of rice, new potatoes and bread to fill up on, and we did overhear a girl who did not like anything on the menu getting to speak to the chef about an alternative - think she ended up choosing an omelette or sandwich, so good to know a bit of tailoring is possible.

Dinner was delicious, they do a fab job in a small kitchen. The two courses could either include starter or dessert, enjoyed having that option.

We'd definitely return for a relaxing break.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank meryll83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,486 reviews

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!