“So let down”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 15 October 2013

It was my third visit to titanic spa this time me and my mum recommended it to my aunty for her birthday and my cousin. We arrived and it started great then although we should of pre booked extra treatments as it is recommended the girl at the reception was rude and very unhelpful after waiting almost half an hour with her bad attitude we had finally booked an extra treatment each... But it resulted in my therapist not turning up to preform my treatment, when I went to complain they did nothing. I was let down and disappointed. My aunties treatment was cut short also when she paid £80+
We also booked for the fish treatment, no one came to put us in or take us out, I was sat there for over half an hour both me and my aunty had to take ourselves out
When it came to check out we made a list of all the problems and the 'acting manager' said she would investigate and ring us back... It never happened, whenever I have been to titanic spa we are treated perfectly but this time the receptionists had awful attitudes and were more focused on talking amongst one another.
My sister in law has Been wanting to go so I rang up and asked to be sent information for her, nothing has been sent, this was 3 weeks ago.
I am still awaiting to hear from titanic spa about both subjects, they really let themselves down this time.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank Jessica-harris20

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

This was mine and a friends first visit to The Titanic, I had read some previous reviews and took heed not to use a sat nav, instead used a route planner and got there easily.
On arrival we were greeted very warmly and everything was explained then we were shown the different areas of the spa. We were both very impressed with the staff who were very tentative.
The spa itself is amazing, we used the gym and the swimming pool, we were a bit disappointed that the jacuzzi wasn't working, but otherwise the pool area is very nice. The heat and ice experience was excellent, we stayed mid week so it wasn't too busy, I can imagine some of the saunas getting a little overcrowded at busy times. Everywhere is clean and stocked up.
The apartment was very nice and spacious, there was everything there you could need and a few nice complimentary touches. Beds were very comfortable but the room was extremely warm even with the fan on, bearing in mind it was October and there was no heating on I think a good investment would be air con as I can only imagine it must be stifling in summer! We were also a bit disappointed with breakfast, perhaps a little more thought could go into this plus our oven wasn't working so we couldn't warm the coissants. But all in all I thoroughly enjoyed it, we had a mid week break deal and thought it was excellent value. The meals were delicious, I had expected them to be minimal and left feeling hungry but was far from it, and the wine was very reasonably priced. I will definitely be recommending it to friends and can't wait for our next visit.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This lovely place was tranquil, excellent value, though unfortunately spoilt on arrival by just being left to our own devices, the receptionist showed my partner the female changing rooms and just abandoned us. We did bring it to their attention but very disappointed, it just took the edge off it all.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was are second visit still loved it but a couple of issue. 1) We order afternoon tea each was made to share one jam and one cream. 2) Broken loo roll holder. 3) Grapefruit was out of date when we cut in to it. 4) Stains on carpet in room. 5) When I made the booking I did say I was vegetarian but there was only one option at lunch time and none at dinner time very disappointing.

I will say this that when I spoke to the duty manger about the afternoon tea she was really lovely and took it of the bill and the chef and waiting staff were very helpful with making me vegetarian option just wish I never had to ask as more and more people are coming vegetarian and didn't feel that the spa caterer for this.

But we really did have a nice time just feel that as it was are second visit we was a little bit more picky but will be going back next year and there do have some amazing deals on .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank A L
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We've stayed several times overnight at Titanic Spa and each time in a different apartment. Whilst we requested an apartment overlooking the car park/canal for the open views unfortunately we ended up overlooking the river and trees. Slightly disappointing but didn't spoil our enjoyment. Apartment very nice as usual except a few hairs from previous guests and stains on carpets. Evening meal was in the restaurant and was excellent but we had to wait a long time for our main course and were beginning to think we'd been forgotten. Two courses are included in the package and we purchased desserts (lovely cheesecakes) and a bottle of wine which wasn't extortionately priced for a spa. Breakfast next morning is a hamper in the apartment and this was plentiful. We love the spa/apartment combo which makes a change from the usual spa hotel rooms. Overall a relaxing overnight break with great food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My best friend and I decided we were in need of some pampering and so through word of mouth, decided to try the titanic spa and apartments.
Booking was really easy, they ave a list of various different packages online and we chose the "time to indulge" package, lunch, evening meal, the apartment for the night, along with all day use of the spa (steam, saunas, ice room, aromatherapy room etc) plus 3 treatments: massage, facial (both55 mins each) and either mani/pedi, all for £229pp which is great value.
Once we got there in the morning, we were shown around the facilities and given robes, slippers and lockers. The changing rooms have plenty of towels and you leave your bags at reception and find them in your apartment later. You then have all day to enjoy your lovely treatments, use the facilities, stopping just for treatments and food (and the odd glass of bubbles!).
The facilities are great, very clean and tidy and the bean bag chairs are amazingly comfy!
The apartments were great, we had a lovely view of the trees and river. They are kitted out with full kitchens, sofa, tv and an upstairs mezzanine level for the bedroom and bathroom. We thought having a full freezer, washing machine and dishwasher was a bit pointless as we had no intention of using these on a relaxing weekend!! We would of loved to have some of the beanbag chairs in there though to relax on or a tv in the bedroom but these are "nice to haves" and didn't detract from the weekend at all.
We are definitely going to arrange a return trip and make it an annual thing! One point we wished we had thought of, take more than one swimming costume as it was horrible putting a damp one back on after your lovely massage!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My husband booked this spa day as a treat for my birthday. We arrived in reception at approximately 11.00 and were welcomed by very friendly, polite receptionists. It was a little manic in reception but that was only because everyone seemed to arrive at the same time. We were soon in the very modern gym with great equipment. It was quite small but never the less, perfectly formed. This overlooked the pool area which was nice. The spa areas are lovely with individual sauna, steam rooms, showers, ice rooms. All of this made for a very cleansing, lovely experience. We emerged for lunch in our bath robes. A choice of three courses, my husband had the salmon and noodles which he says was lovely and I had the chicken salad. The chicken was a little dry, but apart from that it was lovely. Following lunch, we retired to the bean bag, relaxing chair section. Had a nice nap. We could imagine this area, during weekends or busy periods for hen/stag do's/large birthday celebrations that having a relaxing nap in this area would be a challenge. This area was quite small and we reckon that you would struggle to have a nice area to relax because of the sheer volume of people during busy times. However, it was nice and quiet for us since we stayed for just the day on Friday 20th September. All in all, this is a lovely Spa, and we would happily visit again. Lovely, friendly, helpful staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: If going as a couple, try to pick a quiet time.