“Lovely relaxing stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
Titanic Spa Apartments
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom
“Lovely relaxing stay”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Have been here several times now, mainly as a day guest but also twice as an overnight stay. The apartments are lovely and the spa facilities are great. You can also use the swimming pool and gym as well as all the heat treatment rooms. Food at lunch and evening meal is excellent quality and nicely presented. As we aren't fans of continental breakfast we always buy bread from the local co-op and have toast as well as the cereal they provide. There is loads of butter provided so you don't need to buy butter. If you want to cook your own breakfasts then there is a full oven with pans, etc to do so. The kitchen is very well equipped with fridge/freezer, oven, toaster and dishwasher. If you are lucky you might get a small balcony.

Room Tip: We've stayed on the top floor twice now but the bedrooms are VERY hot as there are no windows, j...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Well having never been to a spa before in all my 33 years- my 1st experience was pretty great- I'd paid £99 many months earlier - to treat my best friend and myself to a spa day. The deal was via Wahanda.com - Valid Mon-Thurs only, for 10am check in, lunch, full heat & ice experience & a 25min 'taster' treatment of either a facial or target massage.
Having never been to a spa myself - I was quite taken to the feel of the place and what delights awaited us.
We arrived at 9.30am for our 10am start- and waited in line to check in at the very busy reception. Having finally got checked around 10.25am, we were informed our lunch reservation would be at 2pm & our 'taster treatments' would be at 3pm. We had both pre-decided we would treat ourselves to 1 extra treatment (Mine was £70- for a 50min, deep tissue massage) We received our robes,wristbands and slippers, & were shown to the lovely warm changing rooms. As a 1st timer, I had nothing to compare my day to and was quite happy with using the heat & ice rooms, pool and saunas until about 1pm when we were really hungry. We asked if we could eat early - & they got us in at 1.45pm. The food was out of this world, well made, well presented and the service was great - couldn't fault it. The treatments paid were also very good, but the taster facial - was so-so. after lunch my friend wanted a cigarette break - sadly nice decked area behind the bistro was closed - god knows why?? - so we had to go to the front of the building (in dressing gowns) to smoke. - Surely this looks bad on the place! - It also felt very uncomfortable as the majority of the mill is privately owned apartments - and there were people walking their dogs etc..
My 2nd visit was for an overnight stay with my 2 sisters - the day was lovely, again - food was spectacular, and we had paid extra for the mud chamber... not what I expected however - a bowl of creams to share - we smeared all over, sat in a dark room for what seemed like a lifetime, and the 'tropical rain' - was mearly a dark shower in the corner. - Take a towel in as it gets in your eyes!!!!
Our apartment was fantastic for the evening - very big and beautiful - cant fault it really. With 2 exceptions - couldn't get onto the balcony- doors are locked up, and the morning continental breakfast was a bit rubbish - especially as we had to share a knife between 3 of us. Also the plug hole in the bath was so badly blocked - it took 2 hours to drain away - and with all our mud chamber remnants - it wasn't pleasant to get cleaned up in there.
Advise - take bacon sausage & eggs - to cook yourself for the morning!
Plus - you are allowed to take your own drinks down to the evening meal - but be wary of the £5 'corkage' fee that we got charged - even though we didn't open our bottle!!!!

Overall - good spa, but so many details are drastically overlooked! Food is amazing, apartments beautiful - but for gods sake - put cutlery in the kitchens and open the doors!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hannah B
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

After some confusion with our booking dates we had arrived a day early, the staff were so friendly and helpfull we gave them an enormous challenge to find us an apartment for our overnight stay. It was a a bank holiday weekend so they were very busy, they came up trumps with a beautifull apartment and they also set about re-arranging our treatment times. We couldn't of asked for more each time we gave them a problem they sorted things outs and came back with a smile. This is the first time my friend and I have stayed at the Titanic, the facilites are amazing especially the heat experience, will certainly be going back there for more of what was a brilliant spa experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Titanic Spa is nestled in a valley in the steep hills/moors near Huddersfield. It is a very large old cotton mill and has been gloriously renovated to provide large well equipped apartments serviced like hotel rooms with the benefit of more space and fully fitted kitchens! I stayed here one night with a friend on a buy one get one free offer and enjoyed the luxurious spa on the ground floor and salt swimming pool. The food is excellent and best bought with a package for fantastic value. One night stay and spa treatments felt like much longer-can`t wait to return! Go on you deserve it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank YASOOJANE
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked the Time to Sparkle package for my birthday costing us £260. My parents kindly agreed to cancel their plans and have our 2yr old overnight so we could relax and get lots of sleep - pfffffft! If only!

Checked in at 11:30, had lunch & massage at 3:30 then wanted to sleep so went to room. Dog in next apartment whining & barking from 4-8pm. We complained & asked to be moved, was told they were full but that the owner had returned & dog was quiet. This was true - until 1am when it started again & woke us, and at 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am & we had to get up at 6am as had enough by this time!

We were far too tired having had 2hrs sleep to use any facilities next morning. We complained & was offered £30 back. I am disgusted, furious and totally let down. I'd looked forward to my birthday treat, drove miles to get there and was gutted.

Dogs should not be allowed. I appreciate some are private apartments but it ruined our weekend totally. Reception staff were reluctant to help, no one had replied via twitter & my email ignored.

I won't be returning and have told all my friends about our bad experience - they also will not go. Terrible!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank MThompson30
BNHud, Guest Relations Manager at Titanic Spa Apartments, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hi there,

We do wish to sincerely apologise for any disruption caused by neighboring apartments in the Titanic Milll building. I am sure you can appreciate this is an extremely rare occurrence however steps have been taken to prevent this from recurring.

Following the complaint and email, which was responded to well within 48 hours, we understand you are returning to Titanic Spa in October and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards
Customer Services
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Myself and my husband have just had the please of staying here for the overnight package with use of the spa facilities during the day, meals and we also booked the mud chamber.

The spa facilities are excellent, nice layout and I loved the heat experience. Didn't feel too crowded when we were there, but that was a Thursday. The mud chamber was good fun, but take a flannel / towel in there with you - the mud kept running into my eyes and I had nothing to wipe it away with!!! Swimming pool is nice but could do with a lot more seats / loungers for people to sit in.

Food at lunch and dinner was surprisingly good - really enjoyed both meals and service was lovely.
Breakfast was a little disappointing. Would have been nicer to either have more food provided to make your own breakfast - like bread for toast / eggs / bacon. Or provide breakfast in the bistro. The breakfast provided (cereal, plastic wrapped croissant, fruit) felt a bit half hearted.

The apartment was AMAZING - huge, comfortable, you could live in it.

All in all a lovely relaxing stay, would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Be careful following sat nag - it takes you to a dead end
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Layla047
Monmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Booked in for one night.
Very steep narrow roads to get there but it was beautiful.
The food was amazing both lunch and dinner which were included with our package.
spa facilities were excellent and treatments.
felt very relaxed and chilled out.
Would definitely return

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Thorpe Park Hotel & Spa
#3 of 3 in Brighouse
Oulton Hall & Spa
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Titanic Spa Apartments? Share your experiences!