“Very good value”
Review of Heritage Suites

Heritage Suites
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We have stayed in the heritage lofts several times and have always enjoyed it, the self check in is great as u can arrive anytime on wk ends to suit, and there is no bother! As usual the suites are very clean, spacious, and cosy! My son stayed in the apartment opposite ours and was extremely satisfied with his room! We stayed in the out of Africa suite this time which was cosy and had different animal prints throughout the decor. I think we only have 1 more suite to stay in before we have a free night on them! The themed suites are rum boat, Amore, The orient, Out if africa and the Windsor suite.Once you have been aroun the world staying in all the themed apartments, you get a free night on them!
We are always on leisure when we stay here, but the spacious appartments are all self contained with kitchens, lounge, bedroom, bathroom! A very good stay all round!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank BevNorthYorkshire

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I have stayed in the suites at least 7 times now and can honestly say that I have never had a bad experience. The Amour Suite is absolutely lovely, bright, airey and calm. It also benefits from a little kitchen area and a very spacious and deep bath. I have stayed there 3 times now and have another booking in a couple of months. The African Suite is also lovely with an equally deep bath and very comfortable seating area. When I first arrived at the Lofts, I stayed in 2 of the studios, which were perfectly lovely, again with a kitchen area. I have nothing negative to say about the accommodation or indeed the staffing. To be able to stay in such comfortable surroundings, be able to make my own food if need be, have access to a gym, be next door to a restaurant, easy access to Huddersfield town centre and the M62 is more than most hotels can offer and still keep competitively priced. I won't be staying anywhere else! See you soon.......

Room Tip: Any of the Suites for a more spacious or longer stay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank michelle b
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed in Studio 6.

Checking in was like an episode of Crystal Maze, with codes to get through doors, open up a safe to retrieve an envelope with keys and more instructions, before going into a coded lift and having to guess the floor and then swipe through another door. Not an amusing sequence when both hands are full with luggage.

The room, bed and bathroom were fine. Two windows had broken latches, which meant they couldn't be positively closed. Whenever the wind blew (floor 4 of a building on a hill, in Yorkshire -so the wind blows most of the time) the windows would rattle, and swing open and slam shut, sometimes the handle would swing down and get bashed into the glass itself.

The emergency contact number provided was incorrect, so my first 4 attempts to call/text them were in vain. It was only when I feared for my safety and possessions at 4am - due to the extreme violence of the windows being blown open and closed and the blinds being sucked out through the windows - that I found the correct number on a different document from them.

They had no other accommodation to offer me, and accepted that it was unacceptable for me to stay there. They denied having any maintenance issues - but I don't see how both windows could have developed the same fault on the same day, and hence previous occupants must have complained also.

The duty manager made alternate arrangements for me in another hotel, but this isn't what you want to be doing at 4am instead of sleeping.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Harvey M
Reviewed 12 November 2011

My partner and I spent one night in the African suite and from the moment we arrived were delighted with the difference of accomodation on offer. The apartment was clean and well equipped with amazing views over Huddersfield. The checking in system on weekends is self service and has received negative comments in some reviews, however we found it hassle free and simply added to the fun of getting in to this fantastic overnight stay. The lady I spoke with to book our room was very polite and helpful and I would definitely return to visit the other themed suites on offer. In short we felt no need to venture far and simply enjoyed cocooning ourselves for 24hours and enjoying this luxury pad. Very romantic!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bambiyork
Reviewed 25 October 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed in the African Suite at Heritage Serviced Suites which was a beautifully designed serviced apartment on the 4th floor of this converted mill. Attention to detail is incredible within the suite with some beautifully chosen ornaments, fabrics and decor. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, in fact it made me go out and buy a new bed the week after!! Being on the 4th floor it also afforded an incredble view of the local countryside. The complex itself if also stunning, the food in the bistro exquisite and we fully exploited the on-site gym's sauna, steam room and relaxation area. There's also a lovely beauty spa on site where I treated my partner to a massage, he was most impressed! The check in procedure was quick and simple and the staff on site were incredibly helpful. We will most definitely be staying there again, can't wat to sample each themed suite!!

Room Tip: If you can stretch your budget, book a themed suite, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Stayed there earlier this year. Had problems with the hot water, a party on the site making a lot of noise, some nice staff but some extremely rude staff, couldn't park nearby, various workmen on the premises making it very hard to relax. Very drafty, leaking windows, damp and noisy, you can hear everything in the next room and on the corridors. Disappointing as it is a good idea, it's pretty obvious the people running this are not experienced in looking after people who use hotels regularly. WE arrived late evening and the check in process was a joke - nobody to meet you or help out, pretty shoddyObviously grievances that we felt we should get some sort of compensation for - never offered or received.

My advice would be stay away, unless you're paying £10 a night, not the close to £100 we paid.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveller6994
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I recently stayed in the Orient themed suite with my boyfriend for a romantic night away and couldn't believe how nice it was. The decor was well thought out and every aspect was in keeping with the theme. The suite facilities were excellent; huge TV with freeview, great range of cooking equipment, a lovely clean and very large bathroom with a deep bath and huge walk in shower and the bedroom was large and cosy with a lovely comfy bed.
It really surprised me by how lovely and relaxing the suite was, we felt like we could really switch off-just like being on holiday.
Such great value for money too-especially if you compare it to hotel chains that have basic facilities, cramped rooms and shabby decor!
We cant wait to stay in the other themed suites now and plan on booking again soon.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple