“Best B&B stay of 2013”

Pinfold Guest House
Ranked #1 of 19 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

What can I say:
Arrival - greeted by Steve and shown up to the room, and shown around the rest of the B&B.
Room - excellent. For an independent B&B, they even had a "local" guide with lots of ideas of what to do and where to eat.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

We have been visiting this area of the country for years and have stayed in a lot of the other local hotels near Brighouse, Halifax or Huddersfield. Of them all, Pinfold Guest House offers both the most personal and the most professional welcome for visiting guests. I liked the bedroom with its views over the distant moors and villages, the sitting room was warm and inviting, and I loved the breakfast room with its maritime theme, its clean, comfortable seating and a truly excellent cooked meal. This is real Yorkshire therapy - and it doesn't break the bank. (Plus there are a couple of little four-legged surprises too if you are lucky.)

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I was pleased to find private parking to the back of the B&B as well as being greeted at the door by Debbie who knew exactly who I was. I was shown around including my room for which I was not only given a key but also one to the B&B itself which made me feel at home.

Unfortunately that is basically the summation of my day trip as I dropped my bag in my room and dashed back out to work. I returned after midnight and found the bed extremely comfortable. The room and bathroom were immaculate and resources for tea/coffee were plentiful. The television was also a fair size and quality.

My one major complaint was the severe lack of plug sockets; there was one in the entire room as far as I could see over by the wardrobe (opposite side of the room from the bed) which is really unsuitable for a business trip as the next day I needed a fully charged laptop and mobile. I had to charge the laptop and improvise (use the alarm on the TV - which didn't go off) whilst my mobile died and caused me to miss breakfast and leave slightly past checkout.

Otherwise, the stay was worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My Wife and I have recently stayed at the Pinfold Guest House. This was our first visit and we were not disappointed. The owners were lovely people. The rooms were very clean and tidy. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and the full breakfast was excellent. Rooms were nice and quite. We shall certainly use this Guest House again.

Room Tip: If you are in West Yorkshire give this Guest house a try
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Lovely place to stay. Nice and clean, staff are friendly and the breakfast is very nice too.

Ample parking out the back, would recommend to anyone passing through.

Rooms are spotless and extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2013

large clean room, with a huge bathroom. breakfast was excellent. Within reach of everything we wanted to do. only downside was parking at the back due to other inconsiderate drivers, ended up in the street, but car was still safe

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank laisha77
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed in Pinfold Guest House for two nights. We arrived early, was greeted by proprietor, very friendly arrival. Room very clean, bathroom large, with separate shower. Excellent breakfast, the only down side was that the breakfast is served from 6.30 to 8.15, therefore no chance of a lie in if you are on holiday. You do need a car to get anywhere, as the nearest pub to get dinner is a car ride away.

Room Tip: Try not to stay in ground floor bedroom, as can hear laundry/kitchen work going on from 6.00a.m. in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple