“disgusted”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“disgusted”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The food was very good, staff friendly & helpful, prices very as I expected, but I will not be going back.
I am disabled so there was no way could I use the ladies when I needed the loo,due to two flights of
stairs, when I asked about a disabled toilet I was told it was in the "gents" as I was desperate & with my friend on guard I ventured inside yuk! passed the urinals never again. How can they get away with this?
What would happen if the pub was really busy, can you imagine a lady using the cubical & a man entering!! dosn't bare thinking about.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank yvon01
RoseandCrownhd, Owner at Rose & Crown, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Thank-you for your feedback.

There are future plans in force to try and resolve these issues, which we are fully aware can be an inconvenience to some people. I'm sure you can understand the financial implications of making large scale changes to a very old property are quite substantial and take time to implement.

Ultimately this is a structural issue for the property owner, so we find it slightly unfair that your comments are penalising the current business operators.

Thanks again for your visit.

“Great variety”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Called for lunch on a nice spring day which was a bonus as the views from this hill top pub are stunning.The food matched the views and the landlord and his staff are very friendly.There is a good selection of dishes on the menu ranging from sandwiches to full meals.

1 Thank wilbert12
Yorkshire,England
“Very good food but needs to come out faster”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We booked a table for 5 after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor. On arrival we found good Car Parking and a Country Pub with lovely far reaching views. I had booked for 13.00, we arrived 5 minutes late but they had kept a good size table for our family of 5. We had plenty of space for our party in plesent surroundings and they were playing some decent background music not too loud. All the staff we met were friendly and made you feel welcome. The only let down was the fact that it took nearly an hour from making our order to the food reaching our table. They had plenty waiting staff in the Restaurant so I can only think the kitchen staff caused the hold up.
The food however was faultless and the choice for Main course and Desert was extensive even on a Sunday when many Pubs only offer Sunday Roast. I would have given 5 stars for food if the kitchen had sent out the food in a reasonable time frame.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing everything. ........”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing food...I had chicken wrapped in parma ham and my partner an 8oz steak burger and everything tasted fantastic....can't wait until next time.
Amazing service & very friendly staff
We will definitely be returning soon :)

1 Thank Oliver H
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great views and service”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Something of a local and always happy to return. Good food, freshly cooked and well presented. Service is friendly, efficient and relaxed. Specials nights; curry (not spicy enough for me), pie & drink (try the fish pie). And then there are the views but you'll have to go there to appreciate just how good they are.

1 Thank Stella C