The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
US$77
US$111
US$104
Agoda.com
The Olive Branch Inn(Marsden)(Great Value!)
US$119
Hotels.com
US$178
US$156
Priceline
US$96
US$75
Travelocity
Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Huddersfield(Huddersfield)(Great Value!)
US$57
Travelodge
All reviewswedding receptioncoach tourevening mealdance floorwedding breakfastplenty of hot waterevery member of staffwedding guestswedding venueroast beeflovely hotelplenty of parkingfollowing morningcomfy bednight staycooked to perfectiona lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have stopped here a number of times over the last 18 months and have always found the staff friendly, and the rooms very clean. The food is always of a high standard and a good variety. Andrew s must have stopped in a different hotel and got them mixed up. The hotel he stopped in was not the one I stop in .I have always had good food and good service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OldGolfHouse, Manager at The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Allan H,

As a long term customer to The Old Golf House Hotel, thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review. I am pleased that you find the hotel to be clean & comfortable and that you always find the food to be of a high standard with good serivce.

I will make sure that all the service team and the kitchen are made aware of your kind comments and we hope to keep up the good work.

Thank you for choosing us as your preffered hotel to stay when you visit the area and my team and I look forward to welcoming to back toThe Old Golf House Hotel soon.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just recently stay here overnight from coach trip the hotel staff really helpful and polite we had problem with our booking at first but hotel staff were very helpful and sorted the situation. Food was gorgeous and breakfast was really nice. The hotel rooms were clean and tidy the bed was really comfy lovely hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear janice w,

Thank you for your recent review, i am very pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us here at the Old Golf House Hotel and found the hotel to be clean & comfortable.

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble with your booking on arrival but i am pleased to see that the members of our reception team solved your problem quickly.

Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you back at the Old Golf House again in the near future.

All the best

Reviewed 22 May 2014

You get what you pay for and actually felt got more than we paid for. Staff were super friendly even after my grumpy start (not their fault but the booking agents). The previous review to mine would of put me off staying if I had seen it! BUT if you found so much wrong (Andrew S) why didn't you actually complain to them face to face. I know that a previous hotel (on the Isle of Man) we went to stay in was a big disappointment and we walked in and walked out!!!! booked ourselves into another hotel and got a full refund.

I would stay here again - was unbelievably quiet considering its location and value for money was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nogin1958
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is the sixth time I have stayed here over the past 2 years and in that time the hotel ahs had a few updates like fresh paint and carpets. This time we stayed was in one of the family rooms (room 2) I think and the double bed was shocking to the point my wife got out and slept in the single bed, not only was the mattress protector made from plastic or so it felt, the mattress was done in and needs replacing. The cleanliness was ok but attention to detail was lacking. Soap in the drain holes of the soap dish holder, room smelt like it hadn't been used in weeks and the air freshener on full blast still didn't work. Its the little things that let the hotel down but then again its cheap enough but I would like a good nights sleep after a long drive.

Room Tip: there is no lift so ask for ground floor if you cant do stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank GarethB526
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night on our way to Heysham for a ferry to the IoM as part of a coach holiday. Good friendly reception by the staff and the room (ground floor) was spacious and well equipped. The windows were sealed and with the M62 only 150m away this was understandable and necessary for noise reduction but I found the bedroom warm & stuffy and the bed was lumpy and uncomfortable.

Had a drink in the bar prior to our evening meal and, although a restricted choice of beers, drinks were OK and reasonably priced.

My wife reported that her seafood pasta dish was good but my pork loin steak was overcooked and dry and the knife provided struggled to cut through it. Others in our party reported a similar experience with their cutlery & meat!

Breakfast was the usual buffet with a reasonable choice and was enjoyable and in my opinion better than my dinner the previous night.

Overall, OK for a one night stay and with an upgrade to the bed would be even better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple