All reviews wedding reception evening meal plenty of hot water wedding breakfast family wedding dance floor function room lady on reception lovely hotel plenty of parking no hesitation comfy bed salmon following morning night porter night stay enjoyable stay
Reviewed 26 May 2018

We took our dog with us, the staff were very friendly to us and our dog. Nice breakfast menu. We had an evening meal which we ate in the garden, which was very pleasant. A nice walk round the grounds after dinner top off the evening.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Wonder-barr. Will come again.So peaceful and the gardens out of this world.why do I write such a long review? It was a lovely hotel.Nothing was to much trouble. The bed was very comfortable. Tea coffee etc was there to have.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Spent one night at the hotel. It is easy to find and situated near the M62. The soundproofing is very good and we could not hear the traffic to our room. Room was OK size. We were so tired so we ordered room service. We got our food quite quickly. The burger was excellent, but the pizza was not so good. The breakfast next morning was tasty. A nice hotel with helpful staff :)

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sonja1234567
John K, General Manager at The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Sonja

Thank you for taking the time to write and for posting your review

Lovely comments, but a little surprised only and average rating

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Kind regards

John Kay

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Stopped here for two nights as a base location to visit sites in Calderdale. What a little gem, great location, lovely set up and rooms, fantastic staff. Food was excellent and good value. Said to the wife when I got back that I would stay there again, she said it must have been good as it's a while since I've said that about a hotel. I have recommended the hotel to colleagues who stop in the area.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank peterholmes35
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I have visited and stayed at this place only once. Externally, the place is stunning, however internally, there is room for improvement. Let's start with the positives first...the receptionist lady was delightful and very helpful. I could not fault her. The second positive is that the hotel room itself was actually not too bad (£60 cost) It was comfortable, spacious and reasonably clean. It was only when I went to dine in the restaurant area that I became disappointed. "Outdated" is the best word that comes to mind. The place needs new carpets and a make over - urgently! There was one gentleman running the bar area and it took me about 15 minutes to be recognised and served. A female waitress/bar assistant kept appearing from the kitchen serving food to customers but she had to keep breaking off to help the guy behind the bar. So there was definitely a need for more staff to be working in the bar area. When my food came out I was extremely disappointed. The chips were dry and greasy and the tiny bit of salad I had looked like it had been sat on the plate for hours.

Overall, I would rate this place 3 out of 5. The receptionist staff were great and the room wasn't bad but the entire place needs a make over and better-managed staff in the bar area. I wouldn't stay again until these improvements are implemeted.

Date of stay: March 2018