“Blown away!! On all levels!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #5 of 572 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Blown away!! On all levels!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Eric's on Friday the 21st of March with my partner, this was our second visit and won't be our last the service was impeccable and food from another planet!!! I had the duck hash for starters which was the best starter I have ever had whilst my partner had the soup which was unusual but beautiful! For main course had the pork loin steak and the linguine which were both fresh,vibrant and full of flavour.
Had to share a dessert as we were both so full so opted for the passion fruit cheesecake beautifully presented! Well done Eric and team your doing something right! Looking forward to our third visit!

Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Brilliant, thank you so much for your kind review.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent - but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

After reading many reviews we went to the 'early dining' on a Saturday. It was faultless. The staff were wonderful and the food was very good. However when ordering a pre dinner drink I asked for a Bells whisky with ginger ale.
The response was 'we no longer stock Bells, which single malt would you prefer'
I'm obviously not a connoisseur of whisky (adding ginger ale) more of a drunk really, it was a bit pretentious for my liking !

Dear Sir,

When asking for a whisky from one of our young staff, the restaurant manager Sam stepped in assuming you'd like a little information. Your words were' I'd like a whiskey' which generally suggests a whisky on its own. When you looked a little confused at being offered the option of a single malt, Sam quickly asked if you were adding mixer to the drink and informed you that the house whisky is J&B.

Of course we offer a pouring whisky, this was simply a very slight miscommunication which I do feel you've rather heavily criticised us for. However, I understand your comment. We do not sell Bells whisky as we consider it sub standard and rather cheap tasting. J&B is simply our alternative. We don't feel that this is pretentious at all, in fact we pride ourselves on our relaxed style of service.

Kind Regards,

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“great service, quality meat, poor taste”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

My partner, mother and myself, attended on weds 19th of march. As others had stated and my mother who had visited before we were to be in for a treat. They were gracious when booking late and very friendly and professional upon our arrival.

Let me take this opportunity to say that the delicate things such as asking my mother the receptical she prefered her brandy in were designed to impress. They did!! That coupled with the decor and well mannered staff made my first impressions of erics very positive. Upon seating I was more impressed that our party were not unduely harrased for our order. The staff either by instinct or training knew to let us get settled and take in the ambience. In good time our order was taken and patience by staff extended to my mother who is partially sighted requiring the menu explaining to her.

Me and my mother ordered starters which were well presented and quite flavoursome.

However our issues began with the main course for all of us. me and my partner ordered the duck, whilst my mother ordered the steak, medium. It was well put togther and the meat for both dishes were obviously of great quality. Unfortunately both me and my partner agreed that there was not enough flavour from our dish. The sauce that accomapined the duck was a excellent compliment but there was not enough so we found the duck quite bland.
My mothers steak was barely luke warm in the centre of the meat. I didn't believe it until i tried it myself. She was unimpressed by the sauce that accompanied it of which there was a sufficent amount. She had ordered the same dish as her previous visit so this unfortunately compounded her disappointment as she was expecting so much more. I must note that at this point we agreed not send either dish back but to give positive criticism, upon finishing our meals

We decided against desert and I went to pay. At this point I was asked about how our evening had been. I stated that there were a couple of issues. Thankfully insteading of shrugging it off the gentleman dealing with me WANTED to know what our issues were. We had a conversation in which he was polite and tried to explain that the chef put the emphasis on the quality of meat, to which I retorted, that was not a substitiute for flavour and that I didn't require my meat smothered in sauce to get taste but a little more would of helped. Due to there being other people waiting to be served and seated, I politely ended the conversation as he was the only one available and critiscism overheard at a beginning of a meal by customer about to leave would of only been a sour pill for those about to be seated.

At this point I was presented the bill. If i'd have recieved the level of meal I was expecting I would have been happy to pay any amount. Unfortunately expectations fell remarkably short and so I found the price for a party of 3 with 3 drinks, 3 mains and 2 starters excessive. As stated this is down to this experience only.

Given my mums previous visit and the reviews about erics I could chalk this up to a bad experience, one that the majority of the patrons would never have to endure. However I will be back and on that visit I would expect to recieve my moneys worth!!!

1 Thank Myles L
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
I'm ever so sorry you've come to my restaurant and had a sub standard meal. I assure you this is a rather rare occurrence. We do use the highest quality meat in the area and try to season to everyones tastes.

I appreciate your positive comments and have taken your criticism on board. Thank you for voicing them in a constructive manner.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The best restaurant food I have eaten a very long time. Excellent quality, well presented and sensibly priced. Excellent

1 Thank Rachelstuttard
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank so so much for a glowing review, it really is lovely to hear from you.

Hope to see you in the restaurant again soon,

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food and fab service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I took my mum here for a late lunch, the food and service was brilliant. Some of the best we've had. Although a little pricey it's worth it for a nice occasion.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank kelly s
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
It's always great to hear feedback from our lunch services! I'm very happy to hear that you and your mum enjoyed everything.