“Too Many Customers Packed In”
Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #5 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Too Many Customers Packed In”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a party of 6 we looked forward to catching up on news and having a good night. Overall view was that we enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the bar area for pre dinner drinks. Food was enjoyable but the overall experience was marred by the tables being pushed in to the extent of bordering on ridiculous. My friend and I ( and we are slim) had to get out of our seats and walk to the top of the table to let people behind us get out to go to the toilet, and return and leave at the end of their meal. Yes the food was enjoyable but greed has obviously taken hold here over customer satisfaction. How it spoilt our night to receive the glare from the table of trapped customers who obviously thought that it was our fault that they were hemmed in.

More thought required here I think!

• Visited May 2014
9 Thank MumtoScruffy
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
My apologies if you found the restaurant a little tight. We try not to push tables too closely together and we really do limit our bookings to ensure we have a bustling but not uncomfortable dining room. If on this occasion you found this to be untrue you have my sincere apologies.

I hope this experience won't stop you returning in the future.

Yorkshire
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had the most delicious three course lunch at Erics. On recommendation from friends we had been meaning to visit for a while and now wish we hadn't left it so long. Everything was perfect; the food, the wine, the service and the atmosphere.. We particularly enjoyed the halloumi starter and the hake. Our waitresses were attentive without being intrusive and when I said that I was allergic to mussels which came with the hake she offered prawns instead which I really enjoyed. For dessert my husband ordered creme brulee and I had the panna cotta. Both were delicious. We will definitely be back and will be recommending Erics to others.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank VisitorYorkshire
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Wonderful, it really is great to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us.

Cragg Vale
“Only Three comments to make !”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife & I dined at Eric's recently & I only have three comments to make.

The first is that the Scallops were the best I've had
The second is that the fillet steak was the best I've had
The third is that the Creme Brûlée was the best I've had.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank crooky53
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
And three words in reply

Thanks so much.

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
“Can't Beat It....”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Eric's Is the best around!

We Love eating here, the food is always busting with flavour and so well presented.

The staff are always great too, so friendly and helpful.

We visited for Sunday lunch and it really was unbelievable value for money, I would definitely recommend it.

1 Thank BenBamforth
Ben,

Thanks once again for a great review. It's wonderful that we have you as a regular customer.

Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, let down by overcrowding”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Firstly I have to say that the food is absolutely first class and exceeded all expectations but the overall experience was let down by an overcrowding of tables. When we arrived, the bar area was so crowded, we couldn't all squeeze through the door. A drink at the bar was out of the question and we were rushed to our table. The adjacent tables were far too close meaning that any conversation at either table was public, not what I want for an intimate meal.

It's a shame really because for the food experience we would return but the overcrowding was just too overwhelming.

I will sum up by saying that if it's just the food that matters, I don't think anyone could be disappointed but the whole ambience is lacking.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank newlife7262
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
I apologise that you found the atmosphere at Eric's a little lively. We certainly are a buzzing little place on a Saturday night but it isn't always noisy. We do sometimes get a table or two that can be a little raucous however.

I hope you return for the food and service. Perhaps book on a Friday evening or even a weeknight.

Kindest Regards,