“Completely lives up to the hype”
Review of Erics

Erics
Ranked #6 of 574 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Yorkshire, UK
“Completely lives up to the hype”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have to admit that, whilst appreciating the reviews on here, I didn't want to build up my expectations too much like I had in the past. However, this place is outstanding. I couldn't fault the food. Usually, you have a preference for which course you favoured, don't you? I couldn't from last night - each one was to die for! It's a relatively small place, but a real gem, a busy atmosphere that is calmed somehow. Our waitress was lovely and we weren't rushed despite being on the early bird. I am struggling for suggestions of how to improve!? First time visiting, won't be the last!

1 Thank grholden
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Wonderful, it's amazing to hear you had such a lovely time!

I'm sure we'll see you again shortly!

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Another faultless lunch - Everyone should go here.”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I've had my second visit to Eric's today, again for lunch, and I opted for the same dish as last time the confit pork belly open sandwich, and again, I could not get enough of the pork belly, it is simply fantastic.
I tasted my dining companions dishes - the steak and caramelised onion sandwich, and the hake fish finger sandwich, and both were good, and thoroughly enjoyed by those who chose them.

We had desserts, how could we not! Last time I didn't think my brownie was spectacular, so today Ii had he crème brulee with a hazelnut shortbread and dandelion and burdock ice cream.
The crème brulee and biscuit were really good. However the dandelion and burdock ice cream needs an award. I don't know if its house made or bought in but either way - wow. The texture is more like a gelato than ice cream, meaning its smoother and thicker than ice cream, and it tasted unreal I could not get enough, I wanted to lick the slate that it was served on clean!

My dining companions chose the brownie with snickers ice cream - the brownie was much better this time, moist and rich, and the panna cotta with poached pear and gingerbread - the waiter came to apologise as they didn't have any poached pear, but gave more warm fresh gingerbread instead, but it didn't feel like the dish was missing anything by not having a pear - Im not the biggest fan of ginger bread but it was pleasant. The panna cotta was silken and luscious. It was excellent.

A special nod goes to the service, the staff are friendly, chatty and helpful. I LOVE good customer service, and you get it at Eric's. I really love this place and cant wait to go back.

I picked up a little booklet in the bar area where they advertise all their special events and special menus, and there are so many tempting things on offer like six course Greek tasting menus, afternoon tea and three course brunches. Its clear that the chef works hard to keep the place popular, Eric's tries hard and delivers great results. Go to Eric's everyone, its not every day that I give such rave reviews.

1 Thank deville1984
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks so much for all of your kind comments, I've passed them on to our front of house team and also the chefs.

You should certainly get booked in for our coming Aegean tasting evening. It's set to be a great one!

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Too Many Customers Packed In”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a party of 6 we looked forward to catching up on news and having a good night. Overall view was that we enjoyed the hustle and bustle of the bar area for pre dinner drinks. Food was enjoyable but the overall experience was marred by the tables being pushed in to the extent of bordering on ridiculous. My friend and I ( and we are slim) had to get out of our seats and walk to the top of the table to let people behind us get out to go to the toilet, and return and leave at the end of their meal. Yes the food was enjoyable but greed has obviously taken hold here over customer satisfaction. How it spoilt our night to receive the glare from the table of trapped customers who obviously thought that it was our fault that they were hemmed in.

More thought required here I think!

• Visited May 2014
9 Thank MumtoScruffy
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
My apologies if you found the restaurant a little tight. We try not to push tables too closely together and we really do limit our bookings to ensure we have a bustling but not uncomfortable dining room. If on this occasion you found this to be untrue you have my sincere apologies.

I hope this experience won't stop you returning in the future.

Yorkshire
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had the most delicious three course lunch at Erics. On recommendation from friends we had been meaning to visit for a while and now wish we hadn't left it so long. Everything was perfect; the food, the wine, the service and the atmosphere.. We particularly enjoyed the halloumi starter and the hake. Our waitresses were attentive without being intrusive and when I said that I was allergic to mussels which came with the hake she offered prawns instead which I really enjoyed. For dessert my husband ordered creme brulee and I had the panna cotta. Both were delicious. We will definitely be back and will be recommending Erics to others.

2 Thank VisitorYorkshire
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Wonderful, it really is great to hear you enjoyed your lunch with us.

Cragg Vale
“Only Three comments to make !”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife & I dined at Eric's recently & I only have three comments to make.

The first is that the Scallops were the best I've had
The second is that the fillet steak was the best I've had
The third is that the Creme Brûlée was the best I've had.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank crooky53
Eric P, Owner at Erics, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
And three words in reply

Thanks so much.