“Fantastic Fresh Home Cooked Food”
Review of The Clough House - CLOSED

The Clough House
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Fantastic Fresh Home Cooked Food”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

My partner and I revisited the Clough House with the new owners taking over to see if the food was as good or not better than before. Well we can tell you it was much better, we visited before Xmas for Sunday lunch after reading the reviews saying it was excellent food and great value, they were not kidding the Sunday lunch is excellent value and very good fresh homely food, the beef was to die for. We said we would be back for an evening meal as the menu was our kind of food, and we are so glad we did, the specials board had slow roasted minted lamb with good tasty Veg and amazing creamy mash, and the mint gravy was fantastic. There is something for everyone on the menu with good choices at great prices from the starters right through to the deserts. The deserts mmmm mmmm not normally a desert man but glad I was talked into it by my good lady, and a good tip from the man of the house, chocolate brownie with custard, never tasted one like it, and my partners rhubarb crumble again was fantastic. The chef came to chat to us too very friendly lady who knows how to cook great fresh home cooked food. We will be back and I will be letting all my friends local to Huddersfield know and telling them to get down to the Clough House.

Visited January 2014

“Surprise visit”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My partner surprise me by taking me to the Clough house after shopping,we heard that it has new owners.
We both had steak and chips, followed by amazing sticky toffee pudding and apple crumble, all home made, it was lovely to talk to the chef, she is so passionate on what she does.

West Yorkshire
“Changed Hands And What A Treat!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This place has recently changed hands and, my goodness, what a difference! I visited with my husband on a rare night we had babysitters. I had the most wonderful crab cake starter and my husband had the black pudding salad. Both fantastic! I had the homemade steak pie and chips (equally, beautifully homemade) for main course. It was probably the best pie I've ever tasted. It deserved a round of applause, if that isn't going too far!

• Visited January 2014
west yorkshire
“Home cooked food at it's best”
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Our previous visit last year was not a memorable one. Now under new management the Clough House has been given a new lease of life. A warm log fire greets you and some fine ales. I ordered the slow cooked lamb and the wife had the steak and ale pie. Both meals were cooked just right and tasted amazing. Looking forward to our next visit.

Visited December 2013
Brighouse, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome, good food and great value!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and decided to give The Clough House a try having being regular diners just a few years ago. We were greeted with a warm welcome and a real fire which immediately made you feel relaxed. The staff were friendly the food was excellent, real home cooking and great value for money.
One piece of advice order your own dessert because you won't want to share it, as the Sticky Toffee Pudding was delicious! Give this place a try!

• Visited December 2013