“sunday lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Clough House - CLOSED

The Clough House
Cuisines: British
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
brighouse
“sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just a quick review. We came to the Clough House yesterday for Sunday lunch. We all had the pork, although we were offered a choice of beef,lamb, chicken or pork. I can only say that the food was superbly cooked with lovely hot vegetables in a seperate dish and pork crackling. Good pub food at a good price. We will definately come again!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wow we finally have the clough house back on track. Home cooked food made by someone who actually cares about their cooking. Visited on a few occasions recently and the steak was amazing followed by the gorgeous home made ginger sponge. Pork medallions on a previous visit followed by home made chocolate fudge cake and a sunday dinner before that. Lovely flavours, good quality food and very friendly helpful staff. Drive straight past High park on Bradley Road if you actually want something decent to eat and stop here and spend your money instead.

2 Thank mummyfrance
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Do not rely on being fed in this establishment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I arrived at the Clough House with friends and informed the waitress I would be dining later. When I was ready to place my food order I was informed by the waitress the Cook would no longer be serving food! I had even rung in the morning to confirm food would be served all day. After speaking with the Manager to complain I didn't even receive anything like an apology. To make matters worse as I went outside with my drink in my hand I was told very rudely to stay in the pub as I had not paid my tab (I went outside to try and get a lift home as my friends were just leaving the car park) I was even followed outside by two members of staff. Never in my life have I been treat in such a deplorable manner, I am an honest elderly gentleman who was looking forward to a nice meal and drink in my local pub as I have done on many occasions with the previous tenants. What kind of establishment in this economic climate can afford to turn away customers in such a rude manner. Needless to say I will not be returning!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Teecliffe
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Went here on the first night on our trip to Rastrick to visit the village with my surname. We'd had a long journey so went here as it was close to our B&B (Elder Lea House). The food was fantastic, home made and very tasty
Kath obviously enjoys her cooking and this shows in the end results. We had such a great meal and the staff were very friendly, so much so that we ate
there every night.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank LynH10
yorkshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Funeral on 3rd July 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We would like to thank Les and Kath for their hospatality and service at a small funeral party. The food was exceptional and all hand made by Kath she couldnt do enough for us everyone enjoyed it very much.,and Les for the efficient running of the the bar again nothing was too much trouble and allowing us to have the Clough to ourselves for the entire afternoon. Thank you

1 Thank dublineryorkshire