“Worst meal I've ever had”
Review of Zeus Greek Cypriot Restaurant - CLOSED

Zeus Greek Cypriot Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Zeus Greek Cypriot Restaurant. Traditional food in a themed setting with Live Singing and Greek Dancing. A family business with a real Taverna feel. Come and enjoy a taste of Greece.
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I ordered from the early bird menu and had calamari and moussaka
The calamari had only about 3 calamari the rest was fried aubergine
The moussaka was the worst I've had it was a burger topped with cheese sauce and potato
They said they were changing the menu but I've been put off for life!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

I have no idea why other reviews are so negative about this place! The food is lushes! I went for my birthday and had nothing but a pleasant experience! Definitely authentic greek/Cypriot food (being a keen greek island visitor)!!!!!!! Definitely recommend Zeus! Thank you for my birthday vino!!! Xx

1  Thank Nikkierb
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went here last night 23/5/13 with my daughter and her boyfriend.....there was only one other couple in the restaurant it was about 7 30pm I had beef stifado (sp?) which was so full of salt enough to send my blood pressure SOARING and the meat was horrible and tasted liked tinned stewing beef to be honest....my daughters ordered chicken kebab and her boyfriend Steak with a peppercorn sauce....when the meals came my daughter was presented with lamb shank.....which the waiter said he missheard her order????? Her boyfriends steak was the most bland uninspiring looking meal .....by the time my daughters meal came i had given up on mine, her boyfriend had already eaten his so my daughter asked for the meal to be wrapped up for her and she took it home....she got a free drink for the mix up, the only thing that saved the night was the waiter he was the funniest bloke ever....we will never go there again.

1  Thank Anna B
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This was a really great meal. The waiter and manager were both really funny and kept us amused with their opinions and tall tales. the food was just delicious, simple but effective presentation and at the price (we got an early-bird deal) really very good value. I had the haloumi cheese to start followed by a spinach and feta filo pie, both were lovely and came in good time. I especially liked the filo pie which was well seasoned and plentiful. My partner had the mixed dips and the chicken kebabs- the mixed dips came with a home-made houmous which was the first he has ever really enjoyed!

The only negative I could find was that the restaurant was a bit empty- it deserved more customers! We will definitely be back again, as this was truly one of the best meals we have had in Huddersfield or Leeds. One to recommend.

1  Thank Mary L
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was really looking forward to going to Zeus as I love greek food. It was such a let down. I went with a large group on a Friday night, it was a bit snowy outside so thought that could have been the reason for the restaurant being empty. There was a band setting up and thought it would just going to be background music. I was sadly mistaken they played tradiational Greek music very loud and singers came round trying to get us to join in which at some points was overbearing.
Now for the food, unfortunately not one person in the party thought the food was delicious with a few people getting cold food, I wouldn't go back again.

1  Thank catdurham1