“Somewhat surprised!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Time Circa 2010
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New tea room/restaurant with their website under development. Very eclectic and interesting themed on Alice in Wonderland
“Somewhat surprised!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The last review has taken me somewhat by surprise for this is an experience that I have never had nor witnessed at Time! Now we all have off days, but rudeness? Definitely not on the menu.

As a regular 'plonk down and stay for ages' type of customer, I LOVE this place AND the service.

As a coeliac, I find it tough to find a cafe that can feed my cake addiction. The gluten free offerings are made by a coeliac for coeliacs and the staff are contamination savvy. Andrew is the type of guy that would buy a loaf of gluten free bread if he knew the coeliacs were coming!!!

WELL worth a visit. A welcoming, visual feast as well as delicious food (and cake).

4 Thank Lallamaquellama

Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Ignorance with a smile”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'd heard much about this small cafe in Huddersfield, three reviews from Trip Advisor alone, that made me want to come and try the delights of Time Circa 2010. Unfortuntely, what I discovered was a plethora of slow service, average food and an owner that was nothing short of rude and ignorant.

Waiting for tepid tea and mildly warm coffee didn't inspire confidence and when challenged, the owner, a Mr Dunne, shook his black curly locks and behaved as if personally beaten with a whipping stick.

During this mediocre visit we heard not once or twice, the owner and staff verbally abuse clients when they challeneged wither any wait or the food itself. A sandwich is a sandwich, nothing new here or unique. Acceptable yes, outstanding -no.

I've since discovered, after a little investigating, that this treatment isn't entirely a one-off though I can't attest to the frequency.

Return? No.

• Visited May 2012
8 Thank The R
yorkshire
“Time gone by ..............”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

great coffee shop, arty, eccentric, tradition with a twist and yummy food ! My favorite tea shop in Huddersfield

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank YorkshireHappydaze
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
“Cakes, Cakes, Cakes, Cakes oh and coffee/tea and sandwiches......plus a lot more!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

OH MY DAYS! Went to Time Circa 2010 with my husband Paul and we tried the afternoon tea. Now, let me tell you that in my travels I have 'afternoon tea'd' in many places including the time honoured Ritz in London and I have never - and I mean NEVER had quite such a scrumptios selection of treats to pick and choose from (actually, we ate every last scrap - albeit several hours later at home).

The bread for the sandwiches was nutty, flavourful and soft, the fillings were generous, moist and there was a delightful variety.

But the CAKES! If I'm honest, I'm not really that much of a cake person but Time Circa 2010 has converted me for sure. Such a variety with so many textures, flavours, colours and with fresh strawberries and cream to boot.

My choice of tea is Earl Grey and served in delicate china cups (which actually hold more than you'd give them credit for) was the cherry on the icing on the proverbial cake for me.

Andrew is one of a kind, attentive, interested, somewhat off the wall in a lovely way and his staff are friendly and efficient.

I definitely recommend taking the time to visit Time Circa 2010, you wont be disappointed and you'll definitely go back with friends, it's that kind of place, you want to be the first to show it off to everyone you know!

Enjoy and possibly see you there :).

• Visited October 2011
3 Thank Nikki H
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Eclectic but wonderful tea room.”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Life never fails to surprise. In fact, the home town I live in, Huddersfield, rarely fails to surprise. Two days ago Huddersfield did it again.

As a photographer based in West Yorkshire, not that that really matters – the where I live bit, means I feel undressed if I’m not toting a camera ready to take photographs of things that I get drawn to. And so it was, as Nikki and I wandered around a dark dank Huddersfield (selling it to you?), that we ended up going for a cuppa in Time Circa 2010. Can’t link you to them yet, website still being developed.

It seems too trivial to call it a tea room as the plans are bigger than that…the building itself is barely large enough to contain the vision of Andrew Dunne, one of the two owners and it’s him in my photograph.

Themed on Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland, Time Circa 2010 has become my favourite coffee haunt when I want to get away and lose myself in thought. Perhaps I may even pen a Harry Potter’esque story about a young gerbil that fights crime against an utterly livid woodlouse. One never knows, I may become the bright young thing of Huddersfield. I’ll not hold my breath!

• Visited July 2011