“What a surprise!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Time Circa 2010
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: New tea room/restaurant with their website under development. Very eclectic and interesting themed on Alice in Wonderland
Holmfirth, West Yorkshire
“What a surprise!”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Called in here for a spot of lunch on a very, very wet Friday and was amazed. A total transformation from when I last visited - different owner I think. Very quirky decoration, but a lovely homely 'British' feel. The warm goat's cheese and bacon salad was spot on and the staff were very welcoming. I suspect you could linger awhile and will be bringing friend for a long chat over delicious food next time. Apparently they have such things as jazz nights and the place can be booked for parties.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank Susan03

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great surroundings, good food, really pleasant service”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a charming venue and, I found on a recent Tuesday lunchtime, a really pleasant place to have lunch and a quiet business chat. The old (pre-industrial?) buildings have been charmingly converted and the menu is wide enough to cope with most tastes - certainly my Greek salad was fine - a very generous ratio of other, interesting ingredients to leaves! - and my guest's dish was more than acceptable. Service was welcoming and efficient - not instant, but then, I suspect all food is prepared to order, rather than pulled from fridge and freezer.
I too am really surprised by the review below citing rude service - but I suppose perceptions of what makes for bad service will differ - and everyone can have an off day - including customers.
I will certainly go to this place again - only wish it could open early evening.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank meic_watkins
“Somewhat surprised!!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The last review has taken me somewhat by surprise for this is an experience that I have never had nor witnessed at Time! Now we all have off days, but rudeness? Definitely not on the menu.

As a regular 'plonk down and stay for ages' type of customer, I LOVE this place AND the service.

As a coeliac, I find it tough to find a cafe that can feed my cake addiction. The gluten free offerings are made by a coeliac for coeliacs and the staff are contamination savvy. Andrew is the type of guy that would buy a loaf of gluten free bread if he knew the coeliacs were coming!!!

WELL worth a visit. A welcoming, visual feast as well as delicious food (and cake).

4 Thank Lallamaquellama
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
“Ignorance with a smile”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I'd heard much about this small cafe in Huddersfield, three reviews from Trip Advisor alone, that made me want to come and try the delights of Time Circa 2010. Unfortuntely, what I discovered was a plethora of slow service, average food and an owner that was nothing short of rude and ignorant.

Waiting for tepid tea and mildly warm coffee didn't inspire confidence and when challenged, the owner, a Mr Dunne, shook his black curly locks and behaved as if personally beaten with a whipping stick.

During this mediocre visit we heard not once or twice, the owner and staff verbally abuse clients when they challeneged wither any wait or the food itself. A sandwich is a sandwich, nothing new here or unique. Acceptable yes, outstanding -no.

I've since discovered, after a little investigating, that this treatment isn't entirely a one-off though I can't attest to the frequency.

Return? No.

• Visited May 2012
8 Thank The R
yorkshire
“Time gone by ..............”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

great coffee shop, arty, eccentric, tradition with a twist and yummy food ! My favorite tea shop in Huddersfield

• Visited April 2012