“Excellent value”

Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed for two nights, great clean room, fantastic staff,10 minute walk to town centre and cinema. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from town and a taxi costs about £4 so very good value. Hotel cost is by far the cheapest. There is a costa coffee shop and pub right next door. Fully recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2014

on our arrival at 4pm we were greeted by the female receptionist with the doubt that we would still have accommodation as we had not replied to the phone call from them at our home address, well hardly, we were on the way. When we explained this she then quoted our mobile number and said that this had been called, no, there was no missed calls. We said that this was all irrelevant as we had booked and paid for the rooms well in advance. She then proceeded to check our booking status whilst assuring us that she could find us alternative accommodation. I assured her that this would not be acceptable and that I would surely make a fuss. She said that this was Travelodge policy if we couldn't confirm our booking and that she has dealt with worse. Was this a threat? We did eventually get our key to a pleasant room Ideal for one night, joining our daughter who had the adjacent room for a pleasant stay, a room that I had booked for her at the same time as booking ours. Is this your policy? Isnt that breaking a contract? From Lynn Thacker from Norfolk

Isle Of Tiree
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have already reviewed this Travelodge but after another three visits thought another mention wouldn't go amiss. Again, fantastic service, especially when I asked for the possibility of changing rooms. Nothing wrong with the room I was given but I prefer not to be on ground floor level. I was able to be changed immediately. Superb service from staff on reception (sorry forgot to ask the name of the lady I dealt with yet again but she was small and had a very bubbly personality - and also remembered by name!). Once more, room spotlessly clean in all areas. I big thank you to the cleaning staff who work
tirelessly to maintain high standards. Shame on the visitors I heard about that
decided to trash some of the rooms. Please, any visitors reading this, treat the rooms with respect for all future visitors and Travelodge themselves, thanks. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

2 Thank IsleofTireeFlopsy
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We booked to stay here prior to our daughters recent graduation.
The hotel was clean, comfortable and ideally situated, it's on the same site as a Costa and Brewers Fayre and approx half a mile from the University.
The receptionist (sorry didn't catch her name, eve of 13th July) was unbelievably helpful, nothing was too much trouble she even loaned us an iron to give the grad dress a final once over.
We booked in advance and the rate was excellent, £25 per night including internet access. We would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicnoodles
Horbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff were very pleasant and accommodating, and the rooms were tidy and the beds were comfortable. The problem was that the shower was broken, and when complained to the staff she said that it is broken and since its the weekend there is no one available to come out and fix it and that all the rooms were 'booked up' due to and event which had gone on in Huddersfield town. luckily we had another set of friends staying down the hall which allowed us to use a shower. What really annoyed me was that no offer of compensation was given, and it was brushed off as we should accept it and get on with it. If it wasn't for the shower I would recommend staying again, staff and rooms were all of high quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The last couple of travelodges I've stayed in have been poor, and I had switched to premier inns, however, I read some of the previous reviews and got a very good price for my 4 night stay, so decided to chance it. And I'm glad I did. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and fresh, and the parking and location were ideal for what I needed. I was on the 2nd floor, looking out to the main road rather than the canal, but even with the window open, the noise levels were fine. There is ample parking and both a Costa Coffee and pub (the Rose of Yorkshire) on the same site, and it was an easy, flat 20 min walk to the train station, and a good bus service from the main road. I liked the refreshed room look, and felt comfortable throughout my stay. The basics are all there, and the bed was very good. Half the rooms had baths, and the other half are shower only. The shower was easy to use and there was plenty of hot water. I would be happy to recommend this travelodge, and would easily use it again.

• Stayed July 2014
West Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights with another family member. The hotel and rooms were spotlessly clean, the staff friendly and helpful with our queries. The hotel is well-positioned with a Costa opposite and a ten minute walk into town. Well done to Beverley and Julia who offer an excellent service.

Room Tip: Found the family room single bed uncomfortable - it was a 'put you up' type bed, however we...