“teacake trouble!!!!”

Ranked #17 of 522 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Another visit and again lovely food, I really ought to try something other than the hot beef sandwich, but it is so good that I just keep on choosing the same on each visit.
Waited at the table by a most pleasant young lady who genuinely appeared to be enjoying her work on an extremely busy lunchtime.
My only negative comment on this occasion is to say, that having sold Bolster Moor Farm shop to everyone I see, I was very disappointed that my guest from overseas had to become embroiled in a small altercation with the lady on the till when placing her order. She wanted a prawn cocktail sandwich in sliced bread and not a teacake - she was told not once, but twice by the assistant, and unfortunately, not very pleasantly at that - this was not possible as the bread was reserved for those having breakfasts - surely this can't be right, is her requested order less important than someone ordering a breakfast? - It was only when my friend said she wouldn't bother ordering and we were about to cancel the whole order for 3 persons - one of which incidentally was for a breakfast, that the assistant went away for a discussion as to the possibility of sliced bread, that she was able to have a sandwich, but only in white not the brown as she had asked, but at least it was a compromise. I am sorry this incident took place and whilst it was sorted to a point, I really don't think it has done the farm shop any favours - nor the assistant serving.
I must stress this will not prevent my continuing to visit the farm shop cafe for the excellent food, but just hope I am served with a much friendlier smile and not a sigh!! - and also that my minor complaint will be taken seriously and looked into - not everyone enjoys teacakes - even your wonderful home baked ones!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Bolster Moor Coffee Shop is perhaps, best known for it's all day breakfast. It's the only hot food they sell. That and soup. On a previous visit, I asked why they didn't have a vegetarian version listed. I was told it was because people liked to choose their own items.

The place has recently had refurbish. An extension to the car park. The business is clearly doing well.

However one change we discovered on our most recent visit is that breakfasts are now all cooked on the same griddle. Black pudding and bacon alongside eggs and mushrooms, caked in the fat of dead mammals.

We confirmed this with the lady at the till. No chance of a full veggie breakfast. It was toast or a croissant - or collapse into a hypoglycemic coma in the car park.

Only two other items on the menu are suitable for vegetarians (mushroom quiche, cheese sandwich) - nothing for vegans.

What year is this?

Bottom line, if you eat cadavers you'll be fine here. It's clean and the service is efficient if a bit on the Hyacinth Bouquet side. If you choose not to contaminate your diet with dead flesh, then this place is not for you.

8  Thank TheLastGentleman
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Lunchtime breakfast on a clear sunny day. We were lucky with a table, but although busy the queue didn't seem too awful. Ordered quiche for the toddler & requested no greens in the side salad - can't really complain about their overcompensating with 17 half cherry tomatoes (we counted.... did seem excessive even for a non-lettuce eating adult though!!!). Can't fault the breakfasts especially the black pudding

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Other cafes should take note! From beautiful décor and architecture to the locally sourced produce, my coffee mornings are always a wonderful experience. It isn't fast food (but who's rushing?!) the seats are comfortable, the décor is fresh, and now the parking is plentiful. Delightful staff, 10 our of 10 every time
(and the farm shop isn't half bad either!)

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Great Yorkshire food,realistically priced.
Great outdoor eating area and farm shop on a nice day, otherwise expect to queue !
Family friendly - our granddaughter loves the sausages!
Better now the car park is extended.
Sunday mornings are not the same without their fab breakfast! Obviously as its a farm shop it's limited for vegetarians, but there is a choice and the quality is good.
Definitely give this a try.