“delusions of grandeur”

Dining options: Breakfast
huddersfield
“delusions of grandeur”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

self promotion is themed from entering the premises,had pleasant cup of coffee ,but disappointed with the pies, quite surprising as these seem to enter everything from the opening of an envelope, to self proclaimed national pie contest's, word of wallet warning do not enter the shop ,they charge like rhinos,and make Harrods and waitrose look like budget stores e.g fairly fresh cauliflower £1.90 sainsbury's 96p and don't make comment because they seem to think its amusing.

• Visited November 2013
12 Thank russellandann

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent sausages”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

In response to the well meaning vegetarian, it is a farm shop cafe! Their history and pride in the award winning produce is clearly on display. Perhaps more could be done to cater for vegetarians, especially the most melodramatic who post (humorous) feedback here. Head to Huddersfield, perhaps the Buddhist Ctr for Veggie food, and to Bolster moor for stunning meat! Kinda what it says on the tin folks.

• Visited November 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“High Expectations”
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I treated a friend to Breakfast today,and we decided to give the cafe at Bolster Moor a go.

The cafe is a really nice space,using nice materials to create a fresh clean environment.

Upon arriving at the busy Cafe our expectations were quite high,given the local prominence and quality of its butcher and farm shop.

Our full English arrived quite promptly :) which was a good thing as we were both in need of fuel.

I was hoping for maybe 1 gourmet sausage couple of rashes of bacon bacon half a grilled tomato etc, what we had resembled a breakfast more in keeping w a greasy spoon, now don't get me wrong I love builders caff brekkie, and maybe this is were I was confused!? Presentation is key, my breakfast was accompanied by a big slop of tinned tomatoes and
Beans not of the Heinz variety!!

I'm sure i'll visit here again as there cakes looked nice and there coffee did taste good :)

2 Thank Gerrard J
Holmfirth, England, United Kingdom
“A place buzzing with life and good food!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We're always on the look out for somewhere different to have lunch and a cup of coffee so we decided to visit Bolster Moor Coffee Shop. As the weather forecast was heavy rain ( and it was) we didn't think so many people would be there but we were wrong for people were queuing up for lunch! Still, we didn't have to wait overly long and as I generally do I was watching the staff to see how well they coped with a full restaurant and a growing queue of people. All I can say is that they coped admirably keeping calm under pressure and smiling throughout -that speaks volumes. Both my husband and I had the Championship pie and peas with mint sauce. The pie was very meaty, the peas just the right consistency and there was plenty of mint sauce on the side - just how we both like it. There is plenty of choice if you're not into pie and peas and prices seem very reasonable. The pie and peas was less than £4.00 which is admirable and, as my husband pointed out, this restaurant doesn't charge extra for ketchup sachets which many restaurants do nowadays.
The only reason I've knocked a star down is the wait in the queue but really this perhaps shows how popular this restaurant is. However, on a good day this may not be a problem as there is plenty of seating outside - it just happens that we turned up on one of the wettest days of the year!

WEST YORKSHIRE
“Lunch at bolstermoor coffee shop”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Every visit is consistent, very freindly staff, excellent food, the best cooked breakfast we have ever had. Good selection of food for lunch and home made desserts. We go on a regular basis. You normally have to queue for a table and this just shows how popular it is.