“Good value”

Rhubarb
Ranked #375 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Located opposite the bustling Huddersfield University, Rhubarb Cafe Bar is a prime example of what a modern bar should be.Rhubarb is a Grade II listed building that is warm and spacious that offers FRESHLY PREPARED MEALS made from LOCALLY SOURCED INGREDIENTS.Rhubarb also offers a fantastic range of world beers and local ales so that everyone is catered for.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Really tasty food for really good prices and a great atmosphere - can spend hours in their eating drinking and chilling!

• Visited January 2013

“Great value, nicely presented food with attentive and prompt service.”
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

Couldn't fault the place and would highly recommend it. Extremely varied menu and my partner goes weekly and has had a variety of items off the menu and is always complimentary.

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most delicious food ever”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I have just come back from Rhubarb. I have never written a review before but my experience was so excellent I thought they deserved one. Today I went in and ordered a cheese burger and coke. I have to say that it was the most delicious burger I have ever tasted in my life. It was so delicious I passed on my compliments to the chef through the waitress who served me and I simply could not wait to recommend it to all my friends on Facebook. Here is what I put on my Facebook page:

"I have just come back from the Rhubarb Pub Restaurant in Huddersfield. I have to say that was the absolute best burger I have ever tasted in my life. The phrase "absolutely delicious" would be a huge understatement. Words cannot express at how delicious that was. I'd give that restaurant 5 stars out of 5."

If I could give them more than 5 stars I would because I have been to many restaurants in Huddersfield and that was THE best I've been to.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Eddie S
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Snail Pace!”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Me and a number of friends went for Sunday lunch. Starters arrived very quickly and were enjoyable, however it was nearly an hour later the mains arrived and we had complained twice. The place only had approximately 4 other tables in. No explanation of apology was offered.

I am vegetarian; the menu offer a giant Yorkshire pub filled with veg. I got a quarter of a Yorkshire pub and very little veg. On complaining I was told the menu had been printed wrong and this was the correct dish. I didn't take this as a resolution, and was eventually brought a giant Yorkshire to put my own veg in ( which was now cold from waiting)

Massive disaster would never eat there again! Shame as the food when it actually arrived was nice and the price is good!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank LifeandCake
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“More than a pub”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

In a town filled with average pubs and bars this place really is different. The music, drinks, food and atmosphere make this my favourite pub/evening bar in Huddersfield. It's relaxed and friendly but with great service and fabulous food. More than your average menu and all cooked freshly and originally. The Sunday lunch is great, 3 courses for a good price, the wedges are unbeatable and the choice of drinks is second to none in this area. I truely would recommend it!

• Visited October 2012