“Great food, great value, great evening”
Review of Marimonte

Marimonte
Ranked #80 of 573 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$21 - US$36
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are Mediterranean restaurant we provides a unique way of healthy eating. Your dish can be prepared by one of our experienced chef's or on the lava rock. We offer a selection of meat dishes, from our award winning meat supplier, including chef specials.We are on Facebook & Twitter
Leeds United Kingdom
“Great food, great value, great evening”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My friends and I had a fantastic evening at the Marimonte. The restaurant is stylish and really comfortable, the service was very good. We were amazed at the value for money and the food was well cooked and presented. I had the pate and the chicken in a stroganoff sauce. I do not know how they do it for the price what I do know is that we will be going back very soon.

UK
“Nearly there”
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

There is a severe shortage of decent restaurants in Huddersfield but the addition of marimonte is certainly a step in the right direction.
The wife and I found the menu on the internet and I was looking forward to a good steak and the wife to some fish only to have our plans blown out of the water by the 9.95 menu which looked really good compared to their main competitor -Bradley's.
I still had my steak and the wife her fish but the owner/maitrodee was able to accommodate my request to have a starter from the set menu and a main from the normal menu. I had my steak 'on the rock'. To me this seemed a bit of a pointless gimick, to have this hot rock in front of u to cook the steak to your liking, completely wasted on me since I have my steak rare, the hot stone just got in the way.
My steak was excellent and well seasoned and my wife loved her fish.
Overall the food was excellent and the owner/maitrodee was very helpful and accommodating. The only things that let this place down was the limited and quite expensive wine list and some confusion / lack of organisation between staff. I'm sure both these issues will be ironed out over time
I'll definitely go back though!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Great food and atmosphere. Just what Huddersfield needs. Set menu is great value with lots of options. Unusual and different presentation of meals. I have been telling all my friends about this place

UK
“Excellent - as always!”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

My favourite restaurant by far. Excellent service, excellent food, very reasonably priced, lovely atmosphere - the whole package.

I go regularly now and like introducing new friends too. It was quiet to start with but has now got gradually busier each time I have been, I think the write up in the Examiner helped with this and word got out about how good it was. There's something for everyone. I really like that you can cook your steak/fish on the stone yourself of the chef will do it for you. The £9.95 2 course deal is excellent value for money as the courses are large!
I have had most of the menu now and haven't yet found a dish I didn't like. As I go quite regularly, the chef often comes to speak to us when he's finished cooking for the night and is a really nice man. The head waiter is very professional and helpful.
I definitely recommend this restaurant!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Average food, average service.”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Visited on a saturday night, 4 of us. Service was slow, food overpriced. Manager didn't care, table next to us ended up walking out!

4 Thank Charchar123190748