“A delight time and time again! ”
Review of Greenhead Park

Greenhead Park
Huddersfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A delight time and time again! ”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Having lived near greenhead park growing up, I have had the pleasure of using the park for years. Always worth a trip! Even more so after the recent improvements.

2 Thank Elliot1711

• Polish first
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“A stroll in the park.”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Greenhead Park is on our doorstep & very popular all year round, love to feed the ducks but hate the fact that so many people cannot be bothered to place their rubbish in the many bins.

1 Thank granny4144
Keighley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Greenhead park outing”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Really lovely park. Great facilities for the children. Nice to have a couple of fairground rides and zip wire and climbing fames excellent. Boys delighted by the miniature railway. Pity the lady running it was not as delighted with her customers. she was quite rude and sarcastic when we asked if the train was opening and we heard her be quite rude to another young guy crossing the track. Just no need for it and spoiled the experience, If you don't like customers then choose another job.

3 Thank Margaret J
New York City, New York, USA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic park for all ages”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Beautiful, well maintained park with wading pool, cafe, fountains, duck pond, bowling green, children s playground, ice cream trucks, and more. Very well used park.

1 Thank mom2kids1dog
Mirfield, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lovely Park”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Greenhead Park for an afternoon out on a nice sunny day with my daughter and 2 grandchildren.I have been lots of times but not for quite a few years.I was surprised by how much the park had changed....it's absolutely lovely.The gardens and flowers are great and the big fountain as you come in is very impressive.Theres lots of benches to sit on if you need a rest as you walk round the extensive grounds.As we had 2 little ones with us I was pleasantly surprised by the amounts of swings,slides and play areas for children,definitely a lot more than when I last went.Also as you come in from the car park side there is a lovely cafe in the old tropical building.We didn't go in as it was very warm and obviously this is made of glass so I did wonder if it would be hot...but there were plenty of diners in there who looked very comfortable.
Also in the summer holidays there is the miniature railway which I'm sure will be a hit with children.
But unfortunately there were a couple of downsides...firstly the cost of parking in the small car park...£1 an hour with a maximum of 3 hours.This seemed a bit steep to me but with 2 small children and a pram it was easier to park there than at the side of the road.Secondly..we went to the smaller cafe/ice cream shop by the Tennis Courts to all have an ice cream....the cost for 4 small ice creams was £7!!! Also a lady was questioning the price of a can of pop which had cost her £1.60!!This makes a day out with children quite expensive so I would say bring refreshments if you are having a day there in the summer holidays,after all there are many days to fill and a day in the park when the weather is glorious could be one of the cheaper ones!
All in all though a lovely time was had,there's lots to see and plenty of space for kids to run about in as well as the large shallow pool to paddle in.I feel quite honoured to live relatively close to such a lovely park.