“Classic bit of Huddersfield”
Review of Greenhead Park

Greenhead Park
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Love this park, I've visited it many times as a child myself, as a college student on a lunchtime and now as an adult with my young nephew. The pathways are well maintained and great for the pram and the flowers make beautiful backdrops to the many pictures I've taken today. Love all the improvements extending the railway, getting rid of the ponies and swapping for the new adventure playground. The paddling pool was just as good as I remembered.

I was disappointed you can no longer get right up to the war memorial, we used to spend hours with my nan reading the names of huddersfield's brave soldiers and that's no longer possible. Also the duck pond is in MAJOR need of a clean, full of weeds so much the ducks were penned in by them. Shame because it could be so lovely if it was better cared for.

All in all though an enjoyable day in a lovely park. And that's what life's about :)

2  Thank XRAY_Bobsy

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Good for all the family ,two good places to eat. Lots to do when the sun is shinning ,don't for get a towel so you can have a paddle

1  Thank Sarahudds
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Having lived near greenhead park growing up, I have had the pleasure of using the park for years. Always worth a trip! Even more so after the recent improvements.

2  Thank Elliot1711
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Greenhead Park is on our doorstep & very popular all year round, love to feed the ducks but hate the fact that so many people cannot be bothered to place their rubbish in the many bins.

1  Thank granny4144
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Really lovely park. Great facilities for the children. Nice to have a couple of fairground rides and zip wire and climbing fames excellent. Boys delighted by the miniature railway. Pity the lady running it was not as delighted with her customers. she was quite rude and sarcastic when we asked if the train was opening and we heard her be quite rude to another young guy crossing the track. Just no need for it and spoiled the experience, If you don't like customers then choose another job.

3  Thank Margaret J