“Brilliant”
Review of Greenhead Park

Greenhead Park
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Greenhead park has two lovely cafes one at the top of the park and the greenhouse conversion at the bottom which is a little more pricey but lovely for afternoon tea.. park/play areas for all ages an skate park some kiddys climbing walls .. beautiful flowers and fountains.

1  Thank kase2014

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I have been visiting this park for the last 40 years, i haven't been for a while but visited this summer with my kids. I was pleasantly suprised with the updated playgrounds better suited to a more diverse range of ages. We had a look in the restaurant in the old glass house, but didn't eat here - it looked a pleasant spot for lunch. The paddling pool was half full - disappointing, was hoping to relive childhood memories of paddling in pants and vest! The wildlife pond could do with a clean. On the whole a bit jealous of Huddersfield having this amazing park.

1  Thank Caroline C
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I really enjoyed my day out to greenhead park, it was a nice and tidy place to walk around with a fun climbing playground and other activities for the children, there was plenty of places to stop for refreshments, although some of it was slightly over priced. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed my day out to Greenhead park and so did the children.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The park is great, well kept with 2 fabulous cafes. Good sports facilities and a lovely duck pond. 2 great play parks for the kids - perfect!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Love this park, I've visited it many times as a child myself, as a college student on a lunchtime and now as an adult with my young nephew. The pathways are well maintained and great for the pram and the flowers make beautiful backdrops to the many pictures I've taken today. Love all the improvements extending the railway, getting rid of the ponies and swapping for the new adventure playground. The paddling pool was just as good as I remembered.

I was disappointed you can no longer get right up to the war memorial, we used to spend hours with my nan reading the names of huddersfield's brave soldiers and that's no longer possible. Also the duck pond is in MAJOR need of a clean, full of weeds so much the ducks were penned in by them. Shame because it could be so lovely if it was better cared for.

All in all though an enjoyable day in a lovely park. And that's what life's about :)

2  Thank XRAY_Bobsy