“good weatherspoons”
Review of The Cherry Tree

The Cherry Tree
Ranked #194 of 526 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is one of the best weatherspoons i have been in, and i have done plenty around the country following my footy team.very clean,staff friendly,FOOD and BEER and CIDER EXCELLENT.Weatherspoons are normally run of the mill pubs but every now and then a little cracker pops up and for me this is one of them.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've never know a pub have such poor customer service, every food order had something missing and the drinks orders weren't full pints. I tried to tell the staff about the problems but had no success. I wont be going there ever again. I thought weatherspoons had a good brand name to maintain but it seems the staff don't care about customer satisfaction,

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very typical Wetherspoon, though better than average on the range and variety of beers. Arrived 11.30 on a Sunday and already struggling to find an free table - so obviously popular. The Wetherspoon's chain menu has got duller and duller, and more and more 'lowest common denominator', over the years, so all one can hope for is decently prepared and reasonable service. Here it was both.
One knows what to expect at a Wetherspoon; the Cherry Tree delivered it better than adequately.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I use Wetherspoons up and down the country on a regular basis. We have used The Cherry Tree Huddersfield on numerous occasions both for meals and for a drink with friends but no more. On Thursday 3 October 2013 we went to the premises with friends. The place was very busy and the only comfortable seats were at the rear on the John William St. level. We had been there for about an hour talking and drinking. At this time a young boy, dressed in school uniform ran by our table on five occasions, banging his feet loudly. On the fifth occasion I shouted to him " Hey what the bloodly hell is going on?" He ran out of my sight. The next news is the manager of the premises is at our table telling us that the young boy was very upset at my remarks. We got up at once and left the premises. On our way out the manager pointed out that we were sitting in a "family" area and children were allowed in there. He then went back to the family and apologised for my behaviour. There are no signs saying the area we were in is a family area and even if there were, chlidren should not be allowed to run around unsupervised disturbing other customers. The manager did however confirm that he had not Barred us from the pub. There is no need We will not be going again.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Good food for the price. The steaks are really nice and cooked they way you like it. Pretty quick to get food out and staff are pretty friendly.

3  Thank smiler71