“Handy location”

Metro Inns Huddersfield
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We've stayed at this Travelodge 2 years running the last weekend in December before Xmas, its clean, adequate for our needs, Little Chef on site, bus stop outside where you can get a bus to Huddersfield one way and Leeds the other, so no need to worry about car parking. There's a pub turn left and up the hill towards Leeds, 10 min walk, very good value food & drink for money, plus a pub opposite serving slightly more expensive and possibly better food, but dearer drinks. Easy to find and Mirfield village is not far away with shops and eating places.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed for 1 night and although only paid £19, it was still poor. Holes in the sideboard near to where the kettle was. Holes in the bed linen and pillows that can hardly be called pillows. Went to ask for more pillows but got told the hotel was full and therefore there were none available. Stayed in many travelodges and this was the worst - seems like it is pot luck with regards to travelodge!

Room Tip: Don't have room 14!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WorcesterBlade
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend because we were going to see Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield down the road, it's ok for a night, was cheap but we have been in better, wouldn't recommend for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos_The_Villain
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Have stayed at other travelodges before and know what to expect with it being basic. This was terrible though. We arrived late so went straight to bed and on waking up found that somebody previously had been sick down the side of the bed and onto the floor. An attempt had been made to clean it up but it was still clearly visible. Looking at the photos, it looks remarkably like the picture taken in September, which would mean it has been like it for two months!!!

The bathroom was grubby with mould all around the bath. The room had water marks down the wall and across the ceiling, obviously from a previous leak. The sideboard looked like it had been chewed and needs replacing.

The problem is that Travelodge run on reduced staff and obviously need more to get things up to scratch.

Very disgusting and won't be stopping at Travelodge again.

Room Tip: Don't use room 213 or 215 (unsure which one we stayed in)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ibbz89
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Mmm, I want to be as constructive in my feedback as I can, I arrived late in the evening around 9pm and was met my the hotel manager who was very pleasant. I could immediately see that this particular lodge was probably not one on its owners 'renovation list' This was the only time I saw or heard anyone from the staff.

I was allocated my room and duly went to unpack as I was having to go out again.

The room was very basic and the decor was in some need of rejuvenation, but oh dear, the bathroom...I needed to clean it before I could use it !!!! There was mildew around the bath and the back of the sink. I went down stairs to have a word but to no avail and in the end gave up as I needed to go out.

On my return some hours later still no staff and I let myself in with my key. The bed was so uncomfortable I had difficulty getting any sleep, which usually on my travels I have no problem

In the morning on checkout I thought a word is needed for some constructive feedback, alas those ever missing staff were again missing!! so it was keys in the box and away.

I have stayed in Travelodge many times I think they have forgotten they still have this one!

Room Tip: At the back away from passing traffic
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cotswoldsboy
Reviewed 4 September 2011

DO NOT STAY in this or any other travelodge the hotel is filthy the customer service is disgusting addressing only policies and not the fact that the hotel is a dump!!!! The capets have very nasty sick stains on them right next to the bed, the bathrooms are dated and germ ridden also have a terrible smell!!! The curtains are filled full of dust and full of holes!! I cut my finger quite badly on the bedside table which is chipboard and laminate that is all damged and rough... and get this .........NO HOT WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just received a letter from their customer service dept excusing themselves for all the problems and complaints not even an ounce of remourse for a ruined weekend....WHAT A COP OUT!!!

Room Tip: Dont bother staying here!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ratty33
Reviewed 16 July 2011

we arrived slighly early and went to check in the girl in reception said our room wasnt ready give her 5 mins and that is exacly how long it took to clean our rooms , the room was dirty there was hair grips over the floor the spare bedding for my small son was not clean ,the bath was dirty as was the sink area and the floor was that dirty and sticky i had to put a towel down on the floor so the kids werent standing on the floor . needless to say i will never be back .

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank wendymck88
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Travelodge Huddersfield
Days Inn Bradford M62
Days Inn Bradford M62
#1 of 1 in Hartshead Moor
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse

Been to Metro Inns Huddersfield? Share your experiences!