“Perfect, as always!”

Ranked #3 of 25 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Perfect, as always!”
Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the three acres on many occasions and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal! We visited a few weeks ago to celebrate my brother's 21st birthday. There was a party of us so we were in the Krug room which is where I also celebrated my 21st and similarly had a wonderful time. As it was a Sunday we ate from the Sunday lunch menu: I had eggs benedict to start which was delicious followed by the haddock which again was lovely. The presentation is superb and I love all of the extra presentational details such as the 'three acres newspaper' that my haddock and chips were served on and the individual pots of mushy peas, curry & tartare sauce on the side. Although I was too full to have a 'big' pudding I had the brown bread ice-cream which I thoroughly enjoyed, I also had a taste of my partners brownie and became incredibly jealous as it was incredible! Thank you to to all of the staff at the three acres for yet another wonderful meal!

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Leeds
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked a table for lunch on Saturday, a group of 10. We all had light lunches/ sandwiches and the service and quality of the food was excellant. As previous reviews have noted it can be expensive and yes £20 for two drinks and a very substantial steak sandwich with salad and chips probably is a lot to pay in West Yorkshire. Nevertheless it won't stop us going back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My first visit to the Three Acres was a nice experience the staff are very attentive , bar area
and restaurant have a lovely atmosphere . The food itself was tasty and well presented but i have
had much nicer food without the premium price tag.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MRSRHO
Halifax
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have visited the Three Acres on a number of occasions for meals and a couple of times have included an overnight stay.
This weekend we visited and stayed in the Master Suite, which is spacious, comfortable and extremely clean. From the minute of our arrival, staff were courteous and attentive to our needs when required, but left you to relax and enjoy everything without feeling pressured.
The food was fabulous, as always, and their cocktail menu is a MUST for cocktail lovers - the "Pink 75" is one of the best Champagne Cocktails I have experienced !!
I love this restaurant, as it is always busy which gives a great atmosphere, yet there are a number of small areas for dining, which makes it more intimate.
Well done - we will be back.

Room Tip: The Master Suite is very spacious with two double bedrooms which makes it ideal for families. It is...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Visited the Three Acres for a birthday treat recently. The food was lovely but a few niggles spoilt the evening for us. Firstly the place didn't feel warm, at one point had to put my coat round my shoulders, not really good when you are eating (I'm a cold person so always dress for that so it wasn't that I was under-dressed!). We were sat in the area to the right of the entrance which is opposite the open kitchen so that could have had something to do with it. Wouldn't want to sit in this area again, we felt it lacked atmosphere, not as nice as the dining area at the far end which is much more cosy. Service was not on the ball as it has been in the past, we were stood at the bar for about 15 minutes before being taken to our table and then after being sat for we'll over 5 minutes had to ask for a menu (on previous visits we have always been given menus whilst stood at the bar). There was another couple who had gone through to the restaurant ahead of us and I heard them asking for a menu after we had ordered our food. Glad to get home to a warm house!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WestYorkshireMrsC
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I was taken to the Three Acres over Christmas, as was, as ever, left slighty disappointed! Service was pretty poor despite the pretentions. Food was good but very over priced. If you like formulaic hotel style food then it's very good, but if you like something a little more creative and homely then it's not for you. It may as well be a Marriott or Great Western!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmiiV
yorkshire
Reviewed 10 January 2013

From arriving to been seated at our table the service was 1st class ,the restaurant it self is something else with lots to keep the conversation going ,now for the best part the FOOD was mouth watering the started was a taste explosion,my main was one of the best fish dishes I've tasted .....all in all a very special night thank you

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jacquie h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Durker Roods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Newmillerdam
Heath Cottage Hotel
Heath Cottage Hotel
#1 of 2 in Dewsbury

Been to Three Acres Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!