“Excellent meal”

Ranked #3 of 25 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

We ate here as part of a large party, ranging in age from 22 to 92 and had a wonderful meal. Service was friendly and efficient and the food was beautifully presented and delicious. There was plenty of choice, including interesting vegetarian options. Even though we were a large party all the food arrived at the same time and was hot when it came to the table. The dessert choice was wonderful and for those who could not choose there was a sampler plate to share. A very enjoyable experience.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Ate here again for Sunday lunch with our friends during the early May Bank Holiday. Staff were very pleasant, but service was abit slow in places. Our food was very enjoyable, and I once again had the prawn and crayfish cocktail followed by some perfectly cooked and tender rib of beef. I do thin Sun lunch is good value, but I do question the value proposition regards the normal menu. Yes, it's good quality, but the price does tend to slightly exceed the quality equation. I'm sure we will revisit for Sunday lunch in the not so distant future.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lyn17
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Clearly a big step up from just about any other restaurant in the area - eg: one dining area is named the 'Krug room' (or something like that). Fabulous wine list, menu includes a seafood platter with fresh oysters etc. Sky-high reputation and beautiful setting. Huge car park full of 4x4 BMW's / mercs etc.

Unfortunately, when I last ate there it was a real disappointment: my (very expensive) bottle of burgundy was over warm (volatile even) the pigeon was tough, at this price level one expects considerably better. My daughter loved the 'fish and chips' with mushy peas and chips - but that's not really why one goes to such a place. We kind of felt ripped off. Shame.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank me-myself-i-tp
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

This place seems to think it is a gastro pub, but the food is REALLY ordinary and therefore very overpriced. We paid £50 each for our meal, steak and chips and fish and chips. We did have some wine, with it but for £100 we felt we'd been royally ripped off.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jill H
Barnsley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

took my girlfreind here for a meal, the service was that bad I had to keep going up to the bar to get my own drinks, the food was really nice but small portions for the price, nice location but when you pay over £100 pounds for a meal you expect service. not as good as ratings suggest and wont be going back as overated.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank vontiger
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at the three acres on many occasions and I can honestly say that I have never had a bad meal! We visited a few weeks ago to celebrate my brother's 21st birthday. There was a party of us so we were in the Krug room which is where I also celebrated my 21st and similarly had a wonderful time. As it was a Sunday we ate from the Sunday lunch menu: I had eggs benedict to start which was delicious followed by the haddock which again was lovely. The presentation is superb and I love all of the extra presentational details such as the 'three acres newspaper' that my haddock and chips were served on and the individual pots of mushy peas, curry & tartare sauce on the side. Although I was too full to have a 'big' pudding I had the brown bread ice-cream which I thoroughly enjoyed, I also had a taste of my partners brownie and became incredibly jealous as it was incredible! Thank you to to all of the staff at the three acres for yet another wonderful meal!

• Stayed February 2013
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked a table for lunch on Saturday, a group of 10. We all had light lunches/ sandwiches and the service and quality of the food was excellant. As previous reviews have noted it can be expensive and yes £20 for two drinks and a very substantial steak sandwich with salad and chips probably is a lot to pay in West Yorkshire. Nevertheless it won't stop us going back!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Durker Roods Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton
BEST WESTERN Pennine Manor Hotel
Huddersfield Central Lodge Hotel
Premier Inn Huddersfield North Hotel

Been to Three Acres Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!