A local colleague was married here a few years ago, and insisted I spend at least one night during a business trip in May 2013. "The best food in Yorkshire," he said.
Loved the location-- high and windswept-- the ample parking, and the warm welcome. The room was wonderful with lots of light, a very comfortable bed, and a lovely bath. The supper was terrific, a wonderful soup and blood sausage (can't judge the value because my colleague paid); service was friendly and efficient. Slept like a baby and woke to a beautiful dawn through large windows.
Unfortunately I had to leave at 6:30 a.m., and therefore was going to miss breakfast. But the lovely woman setting things up for it would not hear of that. She insisted on packing me up a fresh croissant, some grapes, yogurt, and a few other luscious things in a bag so I could eat on the road.
All in all, I was delighted. Am now trying to make up reasons to return to Yorkshire frequently just so I can stay here as often as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant, set in beautiful Pennine countryside with a 40 year reputation for excellent food & first class service and voted Dining Pub of the Year 2015 by Yorkshire Life. Browse this season's menu below, or book accommodation with us here and we look forward to offering you a warm hospitable welcome when you visit us. At the very heart of The Three Acres lies a deep passion for food. We take pride in the calibre of our chefs with their creative flair and keen eye for detail under the lead of Head Chef Tom Davies. Our inspiration comes from food itself and the market fresh produce available for the season, allowing kitchen to craft dishes with a distinct and unique Three Acres style. Dine with us and experience our passion. The Three Acres has been owned by Neil Truelove and Brian Orme for over 40 years. 40 years plus of love of good food, of experience, of professional service and most importantly, of offering a warm hospitable welcome to all our diners and residents. With the next generation, Tom Truelove, Neil's son now involved in the business as a partner, we look forward to many years of continued high standards at The Three Acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Book Direct Rooms and Ebookers so you can book your Three Acres Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Acres Hotel & Restaurant
- Three Acres Hotel And Restaurant