“Wonderful place.”

Three Acres Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 21 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the 3 Acres last Friday night, 10th January 2014, from we arrived until we left the staff were brilliant and the food was great. We were there, with the Family, for my Husbands 70th Birthday and had a brilliant time. The food was all locally sourced and well cooked and presented. Dinner was delicious, the breakfast was full English and was not for the faint hearted. The staff were attentive without being intrusive. We had a really lovely time. We had booked the suite and 2 doubles, the suite was great, with 2 bedrooms, as our 19 year old Grandson shared it with us. We didn't bring our other 2 Grandsons as we felt they were too young.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank maggie082

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The three acres is our favourite place to have dinner, so we where thrilled when our daughter paid for us to stay overnight between Christmas and the new year. We were given room no.1. Although the room was spacious the decor and furniture did not match the dinning rooms downstairs. The 'golden pine' furniture wasn't what we had expected. Both myself and my husband expected a boutique feel to bedrooms
On the plus side however the breakfast was very enjoyable and plentiful. The room was warm and the bed was comfortable. Service was very good

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We travelled over from Merseyside to have dinner with twelve other guests. The welcome, the food and wine and most of all the staff can't do enough to ensure you have an enjoyable and memorable time. First class, Team 3 Acres

Room Tip: Room One is great.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have only been during the day for the lunch menu....love it !! Lovely surroundings, cosy and classy. You don't feel like you are sat close to other people as the tables are situated just the right distance away from other diners. I have been a few times and its a nice treat and not expensive, the food is to die for !! 5 out of 5 !!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed with my partner for two nights. We arrived very late on Friday night, had been caught in traffic and the kitchen had just closed however after a quick word from the restaurant manager we put our order in and were really pleased with the food.
I had fillet steak and my partner had the seafood platter. The food was great, fresh, tasty and well presented despite the kitchen staff no doubt wanting to go home!

The bar manager was really friendly and helpful with our wine choice.

Our room was very comfortable and warm, which we were glad of as it was a stormy weekend.
Breakfast on both mornings was great and we couldn't have asked for more help from the staff.

I would recommend for the food and the service.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband is on a self set quest for delicious pie and he rated the steak, kidney and mushroom pie as one of the best - and I quite agree. It seems kidney has fallen from grace in many pies but it was here, deliciously soft and making a wonderful filling. The dining area we sat in could be described as 'cosy' but if you are a bit nosy you could enjoy many conversations taking place in close proximity!!! (just remember you are also overheard) that said, we did enjoy our visit and will definitely return. The location is great and the staff were lovely and efficient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RosalindG194
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went to the Three Acres and I expected a fantastic meal, however, I really was disappointed. The quality and taste of food v cost is most certainly not on par. I ordered the pate starter which was nice/slightly above average but not worth nearly £11, followed by the duck which the breast was cooked lovely, however, the skin of the confit of leg was really fatty and unappetising. The overall whole dish was tasteless barring salt. I just put it down to a bad dish so I thought id follow by the marmalade pudding which again was nice/average (very small portion) but not worth the money. I'm really disappointed as I would have loved a good experience here but sadly I won't be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Bagden Hall Hotel
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
Cambridge Hotel
Cambridge Hotel
#3 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to Three Acres Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!