“One of my favourites”

casa colina
Price range: US$16 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This very small restaurant seats 30 comfortably. Our food is served Tapas style so lots of little dishes offering lots of different tastes from around the mediterranean. We cater for all dietary requirements. Please call ahead for any special requirements.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This place is amazing! The choice of dishes is fantastic and the ingredients used are of the highest quality. I loved it! I can't wait to go back again!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Casa Colina with friends who recomended it and we we not dissapointed. It is not licensed so we took our own drink. The Staff were friendly and offered great service. The food was stunning and there was so much of it. You chose 7 dishes per couple with the options of also selection off a specials board. There was not one dish that we had that was less than excellent. The whole meal including deserts came to less than £90.00 for the four of us. Would highly recomend, but make sure you book in advance.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Hadn't been here for a while and wondered if the magic may have worn off and things got perhaps a little formulaic. I'm pleased to write that it was even better than the last time I went. I just really enjoy Paul's way of cooking. I have vowed to myself to go more often. You can have a lovely range of food and they are all delicious. Staff are great too; his wife puts tons of energy in and nothing is too much trouble. Examples would be a beef stifado, beef stilton,lamb tagine, confit duck leg, paella (£2 supp), sea bass fishcakes, several diif potato dishes, salads etc etc etc.
If I'm allowed one bit of pickiness I would prefer better bread and a dipping sauce eg oil/garlic/balsamic with the olives, but that is being picky as they are complimenary, so perhaps a small charge might be the option. I'd readily pay and it would exclude waste from those who don't like olives.
Looking forward to my next visit already!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We finally went to Casa Collina in Slaithwaite. The staff were friendly and helpful so I feel a little bad saying negative things about this little tapas bar. My husband and I went after 7:30 so ended up having the evening deal, which seemed to be expected of us. We choose 7 dishes between 2 of us, however we did struggled to choose a balance of dishes from the choices on the menu. When the food came the calamari was obviously out of the freezer and rubbery, the meatballs were very large and lacked flavour, some of the other dishes were also a little disappointing. In the end however we were actually full and so left quite a lot of the food. The staff offered to pack it up for us so we could take it home, an excellent idea that other restaurants should offer, we declined however as I could not see myself eating the food the next day.

If Casa Colina take the time to review their menu for flavour and portion size (some were too big and others too small), using fresh ingredients and bold flavours then they will have a better chance of those of us who have eaten in some excellent places returning. I think the food bill, Cassa Colina is a BYO, came to about £40.00 with a tip. I feel, I’m sad to say, that for me Casa Colina is overpriced for the average tasting food we were served.

1  Thank SSugden
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Outside this may not look like a great eatery but in fact it is so don't be fooled by an average exterior (sorry folks!). An absolute gem in the village of Slaithwaite. Offering authentic Spanish/Mediterranean fair and a few other unusual surprises. It's a bring your own bottle too which cuts the costs. Set price tapas style menu with lots of choices. The early bird menu gives you 3 tapas choices each but they are large! Cooking by father and daughter downstairs and mum as the hostess upstairs, it's a family venture that works well. Often best to book a table but very accommodating of drop-ins when they have space. We enjoyed the Lamb Henry and the Anti Pasti plate to shared, Whitebait and our dessert was out of this world ... Crema Catalana. ¡Que aproveche!