“Bargain Prices & Exceptional Customer Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jannat Restaurant - CLOSED

Jannat Restaurant
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
England, United Kingdom
“Bargain Prices & Exceptional Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

The prices were also an absolute bargain. Not only was it cheaper than most Indian restaurants by a fair margin, but the deal that the restaurant runs on a Wednesday and Sunday was incredible. For £9.95 you get Papadums and the pickle tray, your choice of starter, main course, side dish and either rice or a naan bread. Unfortunately I visited on a Saturday, but my meal was still significantly cheaper than it would be in most other Indian restaurants

There were a wide range of choices on the menu and the restaurant served duck curries, which is not very common for Indian restaurants.

The customer service here was simply exceptional. I have dined in a number of Indian restaurants before, but the customer service here was above and beyond the rest. I arrived half an hour before opening time, but they let me sit down and eat anyway, instead of telling me to come back when they were open. I ordered a duck phall, which I requested be made hotter than usual, and a garlic naan.

As someone who with a high threshold for spicy food, I'm usually have to return the phalls, requesting that they be made hotter. However, as I don't like to be too much of a nuisance I don't request that they make it even hotter after they've spiced it up (unless it's significantly weak). When it was bought back I was asked if it was hot enough now. I said that I could take it hotter, but I was happy with it the way it was. The staff went above and beyond here, knowing that I would have liked it hotter, by taking it back to the kitchen and making it even spicier for me. The staff were also very friendly and engaged me in conversation at the end of my meal. I find that often in Indian restaurants the staff can be very quiet, even when you initiate conversation with them as I did today, so this was a very pleasant change.

The food was tasty enough although I found it to be too oily for my liking. However this was easily repaired by the staff when it was bought back from the kitchen.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank St John C

“Friendly staff, tasty food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant for the first time this weekend after finding it online. We were greeted and shown to our table by a friendly waiter and this friendly service continues throughout. Unfortunately we arrived just after a large group so service was slightly slow although we understood why. Food was delicious although both curries were not as spicy as we would have liked them (even though they were rated as 'hot' on the menu). We were not aware if the bring your own alcohol policy before hand so had to opt for soft drinks but these were reasonably priced. Would definitely visit again and highly recommend it to others!

Huddersfield
“Lovely birthday treat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

First visit here and definitely not going to be the last.

This was a treat from my girlfriend and she surprised me when she said it was her first visit to an Indian. Well any others she is going to try have a lot to live up to, this place had light airy decor excellent service and fantastic food. I also really liked that you bring your own alcohol.

I understand there was a change in management here recently, well guys keep doing what you're doing.

1 Thank Argonaut_1
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Superb Indian Resturant - bring your own bottle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Met up with friends whilst visiting Huddersfield in this restaurant and I can highly recommend - gorgeous food, brilliant location, spotlessly clean and very friendly staff - we were so impressed we went again with the family too before we went home - delicious!

2 Thank GirlsontourJune2010
Halifax, United Kingdom
“First time here but it won't be my last!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My family members have been here within the past 4 weeks without me and have raved about it so much that we all decided to visit this evening. They offer a buffet deal on a Wednesday and a Sunday evening- poppadoms and a pickle tray, any starter, any main. A side for 2, rice or a Naan for £9.95- WHAT A BARGAIN!!
The restaurant itself is convenient for the bus station as it's positioned right opposite from there, lovely spotlessly clean restaurant, lovely decor, BYOB, which keeps costs down and lovely attentive waiting staff!
The food is among the nicest I've tasted- we all had something different and each one I tried- both starters and mains were delicious!
I will certainly be telling all my friends about Jannats- I'm sure they'll be beating a path to their door! We would definitely return even if not on a Wednesday or a Sunday evening!
Thank you!!