“For young and old alike”

Lawrence Batley Theatre
Ranked #10 of 51 things to do in Huddersfield
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I have been to the LBT regularly from the comedy cellar, watching plays, TV comedy celebs, to entertainment for my three year old and every time I feel lucky to have such a fantastic Theatre on my doorstep. Definitely worth a visit, really welcoming and down to earth. They really have the balance worked out here.

1  Thank K4tters

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I always enjoy working at the Lawrence Batley theatre. Very friendly staff who always make visiting companies feel welcome, a very comfortable Green Room and an enthusiastic audience.

2  Thank GavinMorrison
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We visited the LBT in December 2013 a few days before Christmas. We had booked to see Repunzel and it was a surprise for my daughter. I have never been to the LBT before so didn't really know what to expect, but it is lovely. The staff are polite and helpful, the performance was great and my daughter loved it. The only down side which wasn't LBT fault is that some parents let there children run around during the interval and all over the stage etc and the poor staff had to keep coming out and telling the children to go back to their seats. The staff handled it well as it must happen all the time. It's only a small Theatre so really doesn't need small children knocking all of the props over. Would return again to a similar kind of show this December as it really felt magical for my daughter.

1  Thank KellyBrook1989
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Every time I've been to the LBT it's been a brilliant experience. The staff are well organised and very helpful, nothing too much trouble. The Jump and Shout shows especially are brilliant in that they help give young people the confidence to perform in front of an audience

1  Thank Di M
Reviewed 26 November 2013

People who have not been to a theatre think its not for them, visit Lawence Batley, and see one of the many differring shows they put on, something for most peoples tastes. Even the Huddersfield Giants Rugby Team take part in panto there, hilarious, but often sold out. Go along and see how much you enjoy it.