“Tantalising Tava experience!!!”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Over the last 25 years or so Mr Aurangzeb Zeb Khan owner of Kabana has created quite a phenomena with his creative culinary expertise having won many a curry competitions and awards so it was only right to try Kabana's famous signature dish the Tava, again and again, which is basically a large flat pan served with an array of meats, be they BBQ and curries. It is served at the table with a steamy entry when the ever courteous waiters lift the lid and steam erupts into the air giving an aroma that is tantalising!!
Although Kabana were originally the pioneers of tandoori nan kebabs and unique Karahi dishes, the introduction of Lahore's Lakshmi Chowk inspired Deghi dishes have become their latest forte!!
And having tried the Tava, consisting of chicken Karahi, Deghi lamb, BBQ with lamb chops, chicken wings, chicken tikka, tender donner meat and succulent seekh kebabs together with a serving of fresh tandoori nans and rotis, accompanied with a desi salad and chutneys from the salad bar, one can truly say........
Kabana is home of the Tava!!!

Keep it up Mr Khan and the Kabana team!!!

Asif Tanvir
Huddersfield

9  Thank AsifTanvir

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food very good,service not bad owner needs to speak all the time not when he wants.people visiting for firs time and they whent to toilets they would not go back!! Come on state of loos mean a lot

4  Thank sallyt33
Reviewed 9 May 2014

First of all, we went in and the place looks awful. Not a friendly welcome and awful interior.

Anyway, we ordered starters, but the waiter was so quiet and unwelcoming and didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing. Starters came, and I had the chicken pakora. It tasted of washing up liquid and im sure my friends didn't have a great started either. Then we got our mains.#

The mains were the most bland and tasteless mains I've ever had. The worst curry ever. Chips were tasteless. Korma was tasteless and EXTREMELY oily.

When we came to pay, they tried overcharging us on drinks and not once did they ask how our food was.

NEVER, EVER go here. Unless you're Pakistani, they treat you appallingly. We were shoved in a corner out of the way despite decent tables being available all night.

WORST CURRY HOUSE I HAVE EVER BEEN TO.

5  Thank BennoWilson
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The ladies toilets were out of order and the only toilet available was in a disgusting state and would not flush. The seekh kebabs were chewy and tasted off. The lamb curry was overpowered with cinnamon. No doubt to hide the fact that it had been in the freezer numerous times. The decor is disgusting. None of the customers looked to be enjoying their food. To top off the whole miserable experience we were overcharged by 6 pounds. We paid and got out. Avoid the place like a plague.

1  Thank Umm H
Reviewed 15 March 2014

So I visited the establishment with my parents(who have never been before), after having an average meal we had fair bit left over and decided to take some home for the family or maybe someone in need on the way.....
I called the waiter over and requested he pack the left overs in a take out box and got told it would cost £2 to do so!!!!!
I took a double take and asked again as I couldn't believe what I was hearing....I got told this is because they have to pay for packaging!!!! - YES these guys actually think paying for a full meal doesn't cover the cost of extra packaging
When asking him if they preferred to throw food away or make 2£ he stated the same sorry excuse

I told the manager/owner and to be fair although he was much nicer than the waiter about it but his excuse wasn't great neither he did offer to pack the food but the waiter had thrown the food away by then
I still can't believe in this day and age when people are struggling to make ends meat a reputable establish would rather exploit its customers in this manner I have had the opportunity to dine in many establishments at both ends of the spectrum but this is the first time I've heard anything of this nature

Hope they do change this stupid policy as I believe it is plain Wrong!

3  Thank Kinghappy