“Very nice !!!!!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$56
Cuisines: Brazilian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Botafogo you control the service. Turn your “green/red card ” to green and our chefs will bring you our delicious 7 cuts of meat (including our special meat of the week).As long as your card is green the chefs will keep serving. Whenever you wish to have a break just turn the card to red; and to resume service back to green.To accompany your meat we will bring you : chips, rice and feijao (yummy Brazilian black beans).If you wish to order any other sides you will find them in the premium side dishes section on our menu.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We went on a Saturday evening. We did not have to wait for our table which I liked. We found the service very good, friendly staff. All the food served is very nice with a nice selection of different meats. I liked all the food served. The small starter is included in the set price. I think it is good value for money. I was very impressed with the Brazilian draught beer as I have not seen this on draught before. As much as you want for a set price with nice quality food has got to be a winner. Overall I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I are massive Fazenda fans and jumped at an invite to go to Botafogo with two friends of ours.

On arrival, we were asked to sit and wait for our table to be ready despite the place being empty - never mind, we were seated within a couple of minutes so no big deal. We had a friendly waitress come over who explained the menu then asked for our drinks order - slight issue as we hadn't seen the drinks menu, but quickly overcome.

Positives

- The sweet potato fries (and the normal fries) were delicious. We couldn't help but think it was a calculated move to put just four or five sweet potato fries on top of the free fries - it's an add on for just the sweet potatoes and it felt quite contrived. Never mind. The rice was nice but could have done with a little butter or something... just a bit bland. The kidney beans were okay - again, nothing that special.
- The cocktails are REALLY strong!!! I know caiphirinhas are really potent but this one took my head off haha. Pricey but you'll only drink one.
- The staff are reasonably friendly

Cons

- There are 6 regular meats and a "special". We never saw any special meat - just the six promised. When you pay £19 per head for 7 meats, I'd like to see 7 meats.
- Chicken thighs - apparently these were okay, I'm not a fan of chicken on the bone. The gammon was salty as hell (fair enough gammon is salted but this was enough to suck the moisture right out of your mouth). The sausages were ok and the pork was tasty enough but hadn't been rendered properly so had lots of chewy fat.
- Predominately, this is a steak house so we had high expectations for the steak. Sadly, it was very much lacking in seasoning and wasn't a particularly great piece to begin with - bland, chewy and a little tasteless.
- I'd have killed for something with some flavour - a sauce, a dip, anything!

Overall, I'd rather pay the extra £4 a head and go to Fazenda - 14 cuts of meat which are stunning quality, seasoned and tasty, a salad bar which is heaving with stuff (including sauces, salad, sides etc) and no hidden charges - like the extra "premium" sides (a bloody salad... give me strength) and the charge for tap water.

Not that impressed at all

2  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Going to Botafogo for the first time this August made my weekend. It's one of those jems you find from time to time. The staff is welcoming and efficient, the ambiance is relaxed and the decoration colourful and cheerful (like the poor neighbourhoods charachteristic in Brazil). We loved all the meat, had some caipirinhas while enjoying the brazilian music. Will come again for sure!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

First of all the restaurant decor is colourful and lovely.
Its good that theres an unlimited meat and sides , you will leave the restaurant with a full tummy..
However, the steaks weren't chewable, it seems like it was cooked hours ago and the foods are too salty for our liking..

Overall, its a good restaurant with friendly staff

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The food was amazing! Unlimited meat and sides. Very tasty, my favourite is the belly pork. The atmosphere of the restaurant is good for having a nice quiet dinner & romantic too. Jen, the waitress, was absolute friendly. She needs a pay rise! Will come back soon.