“very enjoyable birthday party.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of San Vito

San Vito
Ranked #27 of 568 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to San Vito restaurant, one of the most original and modern Italian restaurants in Huddersfield. Our food and wine menus have been specially selected with care by Angelo & Marco. Our Modern creations and daily specials are there for our guests to enjoy.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“very enjoyable birthday party.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

we were warmly welcomed and the table for 8 people was spot on. The food, wine and service were all lovely. I really enjoyed it and will go back soon.

2 Thank Angela D

• Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“best Italian ambiance I could find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

Having done an interrail across Italy a few years ago, I now love discovering places that give out the same kind of atmosphere I originally found on the Continent. I am happy to report that San Vito is now going to top my list of gem-venues in the wake of Italian ristorantes.

From a warm welcome, followed by a sumptuous, freshly-prepared and really super-tasty meal, to a nice goodbye chat with the manager and shots of Sambuca, the visit was very enjoyable for both me and my two friends. I would say the menu offers a well-balanced range of food to choose from, and what is later served on one's plate looks just amazing. I must also complement on the wines which went with the meal just great. And oh! the desserts (don't miss the opportunity to try them). The three of us agreed that we liked the relaxed, home-like and inviting atmosphere, and are now making plans to go back soon.

6 Thank KingaNP
“Finaly italian restaurant with pasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We visited san vito on saturday evening and as soon as we arrived they warmly welcomed us and table for 4 was ready. The drinks promptly been served, starters took a bit of time but mozzarella fiorentina and baked aubergine were quality of food. Main courses sea bass and fillet steak were amazing. The service was completed with two yummy deserts and shaking hands with manager, all of us had a special night and second time to go back will be soon.

2 Thank Helen2510
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service and food wasn't worth the long weight.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

It took over an hour from arrival (table was booked) before the starters arrived. No bread on the table and even had to ask for napkins! The service didn't get any better and the restaurant wasn't exactly full. Starters were bland and the main courses were standard Italian fare although the steak was cooked as asked. Can't understand the rave reviews, this place is nothing special and the food wasn't worth the very long wait. Won't be back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paulwilson4
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great food shame about the service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to San Vito on Valentines Day hoping for a romantic evening. When we arrived we was seated in a quiet area of the room by the sofas. We was at San Vito for over 2 hours and all we had was 1 main course each, 1 drink and 1 pudding each.

The food was lovely and didn't have to wait too long for the food. But when we was sat down we had to wait 20 minutes to be asked what drink we would like, then waited ages for our plates (from the main course) to be taken and asked if we would like a pudding. We was never asked if we would like another drink at any point during the visit. When eventually we was asked what we would like for pudding the lady serving us came back 10 minutes later to say they didn't have any fudge cake and asked if we would like an alternative, there wasn't anything else so she suggested some ice-cream. Again another 15-20 minutes passed. When the pudding arrived I was given the wrong pudding (cheesecake instead of Tirimisu) I thought we would be asked if the puddings were ok so I thought I would mention it to them at this point. AGAIN another 15- 20 minutes passed and nobody came to ask about our puddings or take the plates away or ask if we wanted a drink or the bill. We ended up going to the till to pay.

I mentioned about the cheese cake and the lady serving apologised and took it off our bill. I noticed when we got outside we was still charged for the ice-cream even though it was not our fault they ran out of the fudge cake. We was not asked if we enjoyed our food.

We both felt the lack of customer service spoiled the romantic night we had hoped for and was very disappointed. Also we noticed there was only 3 members of staff working and when we eventually left the restaurant was very busy. We would have assumed on what is one of the busiest days of the year for a restaurant they would have plenty of staff working.

• 1 of 5 bubbles