“Extremely noisy and staff with attitude ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Zone Huddesfield
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

The play area here is massive whoch is a bonus, but as such it should be monitored by a couple of members of staff, especially considering the age range of the children using it.
The cafe area is dirty and the staff uninteredted and positivly sullen. Working in the customer service industry myself, I know that it's easier to be pleasant to pleasant customers, but how can you tell your customer is pleasant if you won't make eye contact!

2  Thank K4tters

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We love the Zone. It is an amazing structure that is fab for kids of all ages. I am a registered childminder and take 6 children when I go. They range from 5-12 years old and this place suits them all. Water is free so there is no extra cost. The staff are excellent. One of my children banged his knee on a post and I was given an ice pack straight away, they were spot on. Toilet are a bit out of the way but that isn't an issue as the children go in pairs and always an older child with a younger one. Love the entry system in place it far out does all the other play gyms in the area. There is an electronic safety entry gate and a further safety system set up on the front door. Yes it does get busy at school holidays, but there would be something wrong if it didn't!!! That is where everyone heads at school holidays especially if the weather is not good. I have eaten twice here and the food good, the sandwiches are fab with good choices. I don't go expecting a pub lunch...this is a play gym and adults are supposed to be watching their children.

Also their parties are great. My grandson had a football party there and the children had a brilliant time. Plenty of food, staff were fantastic and it was very well organised. I would definitely recommend the Zone for parties.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

In short:

Pros - The climbing frame is high and big enough for older kids up to age 10 or 11.

Cons - VERY noisy due to having the football facilities under the same roof.
- Very busy and felt like you were in a cattle market.
- Cafe ran out of pretty much every thing by mid afternoon.
- Out of all the play centres I've been in (approx 9 different one in Bradford and Leeds)
this is the least cosy place. Pretty souless.
- Not very clean. My son dropped his watch so I had a walk round in search and found
many areas very dusty (ie clumps of dust that had collected over time when it should
have been hoovered up).
- I came back a second time due to a friends birthday trip, for some reason kids got fed
up of the place within half hour.
- car park not big enough.

If you've got slightly older kids, Dragons Den in Keighley is much better. Spacious, has better feel, the four kids I took age ranging from 6 -11 prefered it here. I definitely prefer Dragons Den. Didn't order food at either places so can't comment on quality.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Took my grandson, he had a ball. BUT
The under 3 area had a lot of children who should have not been there. They were throwing the play items, not good a small child could have got hurt. We said down on nice chairs the table in front of us was full of empty cups plates etc, it was there the whole time we were there. I clean it away.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

A child about 4 Years old, urinated all over the toddler section. The management just gave the mother some tissues to wipe it. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. TOOK MY KIDS OUT STRAIGHT AWAY AND GOT MY MONEY BACK.