“Have stayed here a number of times - consistently good”
Review of Briar Court Hotel

Briar Court Hotel
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've stayed at the Briar Court a number of times on business and never been disappointed. The rooms are very good, staff are friendly, and the breakfast is always excellent (I go for the poached eggs!). The only downside might be that it's a little out of the town centre, but then there aren't many good hotels in Huddersfield, so I've always been more than happy to stump up the taxi fare to the Briar Court.

There's an Italian restaurant right next door which I've been to a couple of times, and found to be average at best. It's convenient if you're staying at the hotel, but the food isn't a fantastic standard.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2011

We have just had our wedding here, and we have to say it was absolutely superb.
we cannot praise the hotel and its staff enough!!! Nothing was too much trouble the venue, food,facilitiesand ambience were spot on!! Isobel the wedding planner was a true professional. Her organisation and planning were fantastic, she listened, remembered and acted on everything we asked for. The staff were superb and really couldnt do enough for us, even donning rain coats and emptying the reception room the morning after even though it was pouring down !!!!
The wedding suite is a lovely room,we had 60 guests for the wedding breakfast and the ceremony in it,its light and spacious and when its all dressed it looks brill.In the evening we had 100 guests plus disco and there was plenty of room.
The wedding deal they currently offer is incredible value!!!!! CHECK IT OUT.
As for the rooms they are v comfortable with usual facilities and the breakfast was excellent. We think special mention has to be made of ALL the staff who made us feel so welcome and extra special on our special day. They really do go the extra mile to ensure everything is perfect, rather than treating you like a number and counting the profits
If youre looking for that special venue for the big day or just want a weekend break then please take a look at the briar court , its not the poshest but it is definately one of the friendliest,welcoming and efficient we have been to.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank simart77
Reviewed 16 May 2011

This really was a find, having turned up at another hotel in the area only to find they didnt have my booking, I had driven past this hotel so went back to see if they had a room. The staff were very helpful and efficient and they had a double room, which was very clean and modern, with a very comfy bed! Nice bathroom, free wifi and flat screen tv.
I ate at the ajoining Italian restaurant Da Sandro and the staff were very fiendly and the food was excellent authentic Italian with real Italian waiters!, I had fresh seabass which was lovely, although I saw a pizza on the next table which looked amazing! The next morning I had a freshly cooked English breakfast, not one that had been hanging around under heat lamps and fresh fruit and pastries.
All in all, it was excellent value for money and I would definately recomend it to anyone travelling or staying in the area, only 2 minutes to junction 24 on the M62, close to Huddersfield, Halifax and 20 mins to Leeds and 30 mins to Manchester!! huge car park.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I stayed for 2 nights on business. This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. As on the last occasion, staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is cooked to order rather than sitting on a hot plate and was very good. The hotel is not luxurious, but it is comfortable and has everything I need for a short business trip. The hotel's Italian restaurant, which is next door, is also good. The hotel is well placed for motorway and road networks.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2011

To tell the truth, we called in here thinking it was another hotel with a similar name so we effectively stayed here by accident! However, we had a very pleasant stay and everything turned out just fine.......we certainly got excellent value for money!
Rooms are modestly sized, but well-equipped, having king-size beds and nice clean bath and shower facilities. We dined in the superb Italian restaurant next door (which I believe is under the same ownership). The hotel provides an excellent full English breakfast (until 10am on Sundays). It's just off the M62 which was very handy for us. Large car-park too. Overall, we'd say this is a good little find if you're looking for somewhere comfortable in the Huddersfield area

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

Stayed here due to working in the area.

What a great little hotel! I got a deal of double room only for just £40 in January 2011. I booked a double as my other half accompanied me on the trip.

The location is just OK, if your wanting central Halifax or Huddersfield you probs dont want to stay here. Theres a Londis opposite the hotel and a 10 minute walk youll find a sainsburys local. Its located just off Ainley Top and very easy to find.

The hotel room was very nice, its actually really ideal if your as a family as you do recieve a single bed in a seperate room to the double... In the photos online they dont do any justice for the rooms as the TVs are not old and small they now have 20" HD Tvs with freeview plus you get free wifi which is very rare at hotels these days!

I didnt try the Italian restaraunt thats part of the hotel during this stay but I did try it in 2009 and i found it very nice and prices are reasonable!

Just one small problem is the walls are a bit thin and if they have a function on a weekend you can hear people in the lobby and bar leaving around 1am... but not too much of a problem.

Deffo reccomend this hotel, good stuff!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Liam S
Reviewed 18 November 2010

My daughter got married here on the 1st November, 5 of us stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding, they helped her out when there was a problem with the chairs and bows as the person who was meant to do them had a problem which wasnt her fault and the staff worked over their shift to arrange the chair seat covers and arranged for some one to come in the following morning to arrange the bows, the rooms were lovely and the baths were large with all the extras, they made my daughters day, a few of us stayed on the night of the wedding the beds are so comfortable and the food is amazing, Neal and the other staff are really helpful and i would like to thank them all for making the wedding go so smoothly.

• Stayed: November 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
The Old Golf House Hotel Huddersfield
#5 of 14 in Huddersfield
The Waterfront Hotel
The Waterfront Hotel
#3 of 3 in Brighouse

Been to Briar Court Hotel? Share your experiences!