“Hard to beat”
Review of Briar Court Hotel

Briar Court Hotel
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed at the Briar Court for a friends wedding, The place was clean,all the staff were helpful and doing an excellent job. I had a twin room and everything worked and there was plenty of tea and coffee in the room.After possibly the best hotel nights sleep ever, the breakfast was a treat, cooked to order served on a very hot plate with plenty of toast and coffee.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 September 2011

Must have stayed here more than 150 times over the last 10 years - welcome as always - terrific value. Well patronised consistently. Rooms adequate size, pricing always keen especially when great breakfast is included. Will be back - why would I stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter than those at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here on a wednesday and thursday night with my mum, we both had a single room. We both thought the rooms were clean and comfortable (similar to a travelodge or premier inn). The first night we stayed the rooms were really hot, my mums room faced the main road and she said the traffic noise was really loud (we had to keep the window open). I was at the back and although I heard the road it didnt stop me from sleeping. The rooms have really thin walls and I could hear the people talking in the room next to me on the first night and people walking up and down the corridor. Personally i wouldnt stay here again as it was too difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: i would try and get a room facing the back
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I had a 2 day stay at this hotel and found the place clean, welcoming, friendly and comfortable. A bargain for £84 for single occupancy of a double room including a really excellent breakfast for the two nights. My room was good but the kitchen fan woke me up between 7 and 8am, about half an hour before breakfast starts (not necessarily a bad thing), so if you want a lie-in, request a room away from the kitchen.

Plenty of parking and Da Sandro's Italian restaurant next door which was very good 9/10.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Went to a wedding reception and stayed over. Was greeted with bucks fizz. All good until I picked up the drink then a snotty woman told me I'd already had one which I hadn't and neither had my wife, she picked up the drinks and took them away and said people just take the mick Rest of the staff were very nice and the room was great.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I've stayed at the Briar Court a number of times on business and never been disappointed. The rooms are very good, staff are friendly, and the breakfast is always excellent (I go for the poached eggs!). The only downside might be that it's a little out of the town centre, but then there aren't many good hotels in Huddersfield, so I've always been more than happy to stump up the taxi fare to the Briar Court.

There's an Italian restaurant right next door which I've been to a couple of times, and found to be average at best. It's convenient if you're staying at the hotel, but the food isn't a fantastic standard.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We have just had our wedding here, and we have to say it was absolutely superb.
we cannot praise the hotel and its staff enough!!! Nothing was too much trouble the venue, food,facilitiesand ambience were spot on!! Isobel the wedding planner was a true professional. Her organisation and planning were fantastic, she listened, remembered and acted on everything we asked for. The staff were superb and really couldnt do enough for us, even donning rain coats and emptying the reception room the morning after even though it was pouring down !!!!
The wedding suite is a lovely room,we had 60 guests for the wedding breakfast and the ceremony in it,its light and spacious and when its all dressed it looks brill.In the evening we had 100 guests plus disco and there was plenty of room.
The wedding deal they currently offer is incredible value!!!!! CHECK IT OUT.
As for the rooms they are v comfortable with usual facilities and the breakfast was excellent. We think special mention has to be made of ALL the staff who made us feel so welcome and extra special on our special day. They really do go the extra mile to ensure everything is perfect, rather than treating you like a number and counting the profits
If youre looking for that special venue for the big day or just want a weekend break then please take a look at the briar court , its not the poshest but it is definately one of the friendliest,welcoming and efficient we have been to.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family