“spot on 2”
Review of Briar Court Hotel

Briar Court Hotel
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great stay with friends - staff very friendly n efficient - room clean and all required elements on show and available - excellent bar service from reception - next morning got top service in breakfast area and best breakfast yet !!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We booked here for one night for my partners birthday. We initially had some reservation issues, however these were quickly rectified and the hotel staff were brilliant for our entire stay. The hotel was clean and well maintained.
I wholeheartedly recommend a stay here.
The hotel manager was wonderful and we're very grateful for everything, thank you so much!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've stayed at the Briar Court on several occasions over the last 10 or so years, whilst on business in the West Yorkshire area.

It's a great traditional non-chain hotel! Very reasonably priced mid-week b&b rate of £65, in a well-appointed, spotlessly clean double-bedded room with comfortable bed.

It's well-placed for access to the M62 - within three or four minutes drive.

The big plus for me was the perfectly-presented individually-cooked English breakfast. A nice change from the self-service buffet!! There's a superb cold-table for starters with a great selection of fresh fruit etc., etc.

Even the tables have crisp white table cloths. Once again, a nice change from the hastily wiped-down table which is becoming all too familiar elsewhere!

The waitress at breakfast was really sunny and friendly. Well-done!!!

Keep up the good work Briar Court!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I took my wife to the briar court hotel for our 25th wedding anniversary,I had traveled all the way from Rotherham some weeks before to check out the rooms,the staff were really helpful and I was shown several different rooms,I chose one off the new executive rooms and when we arrived my wife was over the moon with the hotel and really happy with the room,we settled in but then found out the toilet was broken after contacting reception they came straight to the room and offered us another room to which we moved into,the king sized bed was so comftable and the bathroom was spotless,I asked for an ice bucket for the room and it was brought to us straight away,that evening we used the bar for a few drinks and the service was great.The next morning we went for breakfast and the same again the service was great and the full English breakfast was very filling,overall our stay at the hotel was brilliant and we will be staying there again,I would recommend the briar court to anyone.Dave and Jayne from rotherham

Room Tip: Go for the executive rooms they have quality fittings and great king sized beds
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

2 night stay on business in area.
2 storey building on main road with plenty of parking at front and rear.
As usual I requested a top floor end of corridor room which I received.
The reception desk is tiny, but check in was fast and pleasant, there is a good bar and lounge in the lobby area.
The room wasn't massive but was admirably suitable fir my stay.
Most importantly self closing door hinges were effective and I did not have to suffer with other guests slamming their doors which is my biggest complaint ever.
There was a work desk, tv and wardrobe with tea making facilities.
Bathroom was adequate and spotless.
There was a snowstorm on my 2nd night, but the car park was well salted. In the morning.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear quieter. Please note there was no fitness centre or pool but TripAdvisor for some rea...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed on the Valentines deal which included breakfast and a discount in Da Sandros restaurant. As we were going out with friends for a party we just wanted a nice hotel that was conveniently located to the motorway - the Briar Court was ideal.
It was a quick and efficient check in and then on to a clean and modern room (once I'd managed to unlock the door!). A nice big comfortable bed and plenty of cupboard space. Bathroom was small and shower ok.
The staff were helpful and brought an iron to the room upon request.
Managed to have a quick drink at the reasonably priced bar.
The rooms were quiet and dark so we had a great night's sleep.
In the morning the breakfast was a decent buffet selection with waiter service for toast, hot drinks and eggs.
On checking out I did notice that we were charged for the Da Sandros restaurant a second time but the receptionist quickly took the charge off.
In summary, a nice & convenient hotel that i'd recommend for a short stay

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very welcome refuge in a tough business trip. Clean, warm, beautiful bed. It was so hard to tear myself away i hadnt left the room at checkout time. The maid helped me with my luggage and as i was about to drive off, came running after me with something I'd left in the room.

Wonderful

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Best Western Pennine Manor Hotel
The Waterfront Hotel
The Waterfront Hotel
#3 of 3 in Brighouse

Been to Briar Court Hotel? Share your experiences!