“Convenient but needs a revamp”

Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Huddersfield
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed here during a business trip to Huddersfield. Although the rooms are adequately furnished, the interiors could definitely use a bit of work. There was no complimentary water in the room and free wifi is available only for 30 mins a day. There is a restaurant / pub located right next door - The Nags Head - which is quite nice. The breakfast (which is the regular continental spread - tea, coffee, juices, breads, cereals, eggs, etc. on the table) is served here. A fair option for business travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for posting your thoughts, we really value your feedback. With great pleasure I would like to inform you, Huddersfield West is undergoing a full refurbishment and we are pleased to inform you it will be completed on the 13th Dec 2013. The refurbishment includes complete new bedrooms, new furniture and new bathrooms with stylish decor throughout and not forgetting “40 inch” Plasma TV's with connections that converts to a Smart TV. We are confident our new brilliant rooms will make our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and share the experience with us. Kind regards, Louise Gibson

Reviewed 29 November 2013

We had a super recent stay. Staff were great, room was clean and bed very comfortable and pub next door was excellent. Would highly recommend. The location was a good alternative to central Huddersfield but you do need a car.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Along with the Nags Head Pub, all our team have read your kind comments and are delighted. It is always good to have such positive feedback and being recognised for making our guests feel brilliant.
We hope to welcoming you back to Huddersfield West Premier Inn very soon. Kind regards, Louise Gibson.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

I have, for the first time, stayed at a Premier Inn and, if the Nags Head at Huddersfield West is anything to go by, it will not be my last.

Even though I was in Room 20, next to the motorway, my sleep did not suffer.

Even though I had booked the room with a little trepidation I need not have worried. The room was very clean and comfortable,. Beryl on Reception was very welcoming and advised me to contact her immediately I had a problem. Which I didn't. Beryl even put a book to one side for me to purchase when I returned from my evening meal.

The 'Pub' was very popular but I had no trouble getting a meal. The waiting staff were extremely friendly and were also very efficient.

Breakfast staff were also very good, as were the cleaning staff. I had a very good breakfast to send me on my way.

I have no hesitation in recommending Huddersfield West.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for one of the lower number rooms, although I had no problem!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Thelastdrop
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words they are very much appreciated. The lady on reception that day was Brenda and I’m sure Brenda along with all our team will be delighted with your feedback. We do strive to give our guests a comfortable and friendly environment to make them feel brilliant throughout their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield West Premier Inn. Kind regards, Louise Gibson

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Very welcoming staff
Clean and comfortable room
Some noise from M62 but not enough to disturb our sleep
Good restaurant facilities and parking close to hotel
Good welcome for my grandchildren and an enjoyable experience

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beryl B

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and we hope to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Louise Gibson.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Enjoyed a two night stay, staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, couldn't believe it is soon to be refurbished as everything was in such good order ! Breakfast was very good, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane B

Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to receive your feedback. We always strive to make our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Huddersfield West Premier Inn. Kind regards, Louise Gibson.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have just returned from 2 nights at this hotel. The staff were wonderful, helpful and very sociable which made this stay special. The pub was quite obviously a proper pub rather than an attached room. It had atmosphere and we were happy to spend two evenings enjoying the atmosphere. The breakfast, which is served in the pub, was first class and cooked to order. Cannot recommend highly enough - excellent all round including value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gonestrolling
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have had the opportunity to return to Huddersfield west premier in a few day ago (i think last time it was a couple of years ago maybe more). The location is perfect for anyone travelling and from the moment I arrived the staff made me feel so welcome the blonde lady in reception was so helpful and friendly, she made sure everything was ok. My room was cleaned and the staff was happy to help

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your returned visit at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and that you were happy with the service you received at the hotel. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Louise Gibson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huddersfield
Cedar Court Hotel Huddersfield/Halifax
Cambridge Hotel
Cambridge Hotel
#3 of 14 in Huddersfield
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse

Been to Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel? Share your experiences!