“Comfortable, clean, modern, very good”

Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Cheshire
“Comfortable, clean, modern, very good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This has recently been refurbished and the job has been very well done. The place looks like new. As with others who have reviewed this Premier Inn, the staff were excellent. Friendly welcome, helpful and courteous. The only niggle I had is that despite being like brand new, the mirror in the bathroom was not automatically clearing - the extractor fans such as they are in these places are never effective at all - but perhaps I am being ultra picky.

Our room was on the Huddersfield side of the building so away from the motorway. We heard no traffic noise but it's not impossible that those with rooms facing the M62 might have some.

We had breakfast at the adjoining pub, the Nags Head. This was a Sunday morning. The staff in there were not as welcoming or friendly and - be warned - want you out of there smartish on Sunday mornings as the changeover time between breakfast and the first lunch guests is short, or so they said; so if you turn up on the cusp of the end of the breakfast slot, do not expect big smiles and open arms, more like frequent walks-by and eager clearance of plates etc.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the non-motorway side of the building.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hutch38
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to Huddersfield West Premier Inn and our service. All feedback is taken on board.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise on behalf of the Nags Head Pub for the service you received. I would like to point out that the Nags Head Pub is not part of Whitbread Restaurants however, please be assured Premier Inn and the Nags Head are working together in order to resolve any issues and help our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay.

Thank you once again, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Louise Gibson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Normandy, France
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had stayed at the Huddersfield West Premier Inn before and were happy with the hotel, but the recent refurbishment has made it an excellent choice if visiting the area. The rooms are clean and well furnished, the lighting excellent and the beds are brilliant. We had a great night's sleep. As we have family in the area we will use the hotel again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments about Huddersfield West Premier Inn.

Our purpose is making our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I will pass on your kind comments to all my team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

staffordshire
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here unexpectedly on a wet, cold extremely windy night. Although hotel was busy due to the weather and walk in bookings the welcome and reception staff were excellent. Following day needed some documents printing and faxing and due to difficulties with my laptop couldn't connect to the wifi, receptionist allowed me to use her personal mobile phone and sort my documents out. . . a life saver.

Room spotless, bed comfy, plenty tea and coffee couldn't ask for any more.

Restaurant next door was ok, food mediocre breakfast was better than dinner, but the service was a bit slow even though they weren't busy and even overheard bar staff tutting about another customer being a pain. A little disappointing really as the hotel goes above and beyond to give excellent service, just feel maybe restaurant let it down slightly.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kfox9
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments about Huddersfield West Premier Inn. Our purpose is making our guests feels brilliant throughout their stay and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the Nags Head on this occasion, I would like to point out that the Nags Head Pub is not part of Whitbread Restaurants however, Premier Inn and the Nags Head do work together in order to deliver a great guest experience.

Please be assured I will pass on your comments to the Manager of the Nags Head Pub, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kent
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our family family of 4 stayed at the Huddersfield West on Monday 17th to Wed 19th February.
We had a really pleasant 2 night stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms had been newly decorated and had really nice bartrooms with great powerful showers.
Breakfast was really good great having the children eat free. We ate at the pub over the road on our first night of stay which was really nice food and good price and choice of food.
Had really good 2 night stay would be happy to stay at hotel again when up visiting family in Halifax as hotel also close to M62.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments about Huddersfield West Premier Inn. Our purpose is to make all our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to my team and all at the Nags Head Pub.

From all the team at Huddersfield West Premier Inn we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Staying at the Premier Inn was excellent, every member of staff we encountered behaved in a friendly, professional manner and could not do enough to make our stay more comfortable, they were brilliant. However, we had breakfast in The Nags Head and have never experienced such an unfriendly waiter ,after a bit of confusion over what type of breakfast I wanted, he shouted at me as if exasperated and then stomped off into the kitchen telling the rest of the kitchen staff in a loud voice, which everyone in the dining area could hear, what a stupid b**** I was. His shirt was dirty and his body odour was so bad he stank out the whole restaurant. Female staff were very friendly and helpful but the male members of staff were extremely rude and didn't seem to want to be there! Will never be back in this unhygienic restaurant! However will stay at the premier inn and breakfast elsewhere.

2 Thank Alison N
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time writing such kind and positive comments regarding your stay with us at Huddersfield Premier Inn.

It is always brilliant to hear that the hard work and dedication of the team reflects on the service they provide. Our team will be delighted with your feedback.

On behalf of the Nags Head, I would like to apologise for the experience you encountered. I would like to reassure you that I am taking this matter very seriously.

Before I approach the Manager of the Pub, may I ask you to contact me on 01422 324 330 to discuss this issue further?

We appreciate your feedback, and we are very happy you are giving Huddersfield West Premier Inn the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked this hotel very last minute for a one night stay on valentines, the price was a little inflated but it is expected as we booked and then arrived an hour later which was extremely convient.
Last year we stayed at cedar court and was not impressed but both of us were extremely glad we didn't choose to go back this year.
The lady on reception greeted us in an extremely friendly manner and showed us the breakfast options for The Nag's Head next door and explained all the options thoroughly.

The room was brilliant the bed was the best part, very comfy and it felt huge!
As we both work a lot during the weeks this was a great escape from normality and we would consider visiting again.

• Stayed March 2013
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments about Huddersfield West Premier Inn.

Maidenhead
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed at the Premier Inn (Huddersfield west) last weekend and I was really overwhelmed by the amazing service.
- we were phoned before our arrival to find out what time we would be coming, so that they could make sure the room was warm for our arrival
- they couldn't do enough for us when we were there. The waiting staff at breakfast, went to great pains to make sure we had the breakfast we want
- We just received a parcel, addressed to my 8 year old, with a lone slipper inside, that we had apparently left behind.

Other points in its favour:
- The rooms have recently been done out and looked really smart and clean.
- It's a really short drive from the M62
- there is a pleasant pub next door for meals and drinks
- we got the room for £25 in a premier inn offer

Thanks to all the staff, and especially Lynda on reception who posted the slipper to us. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side further away from the motorway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind and positive comments regarding your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and the service you received from the Nags Head Pub.

It is always brilliant to hear that the hard work and dedication of the team reflects on the service they provide, Lynda and all my team will be delighted with your feedback.

Wishing you and your family all the best for 2014 and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.