“can't fault it!”

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Huddersfield
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“can't fault it!”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We have just stayed 2 nights here and it was excellent! I could not fault anything...the room, food, staff in the nag' s and premier inn were absolutely fantastic! We love staying here...even the cleaners are friendly....thank you so much, everyone, who made my 60th birthday memorable....you're a great team....

Room Tip: The carvery is delicious!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West and you felt welcome and comfortable. I will pass your comments onto the pub manager at the Nags Head and we look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Louise Gibson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I am a regular user of Premier inns and always use them in preference to other hotel chains this weekend I booked three double rooms for a family wedding at a cost of £315 the rooms have been recently refurbished and were clean and fresh my son's room number 108 smelt heavily of stale cigarrette smoke, , the rooms were booked for two nights by the way .The rooms were very hot about 25c, so the windows had to be left open , after travelling for 350 miles were ready for a good nights sleep on Saturday night at about 0030 hours the staff at the pub next door started moving aluminium barrels about creating a lot of noise and also talking shouting very loudly, there was also a constant smell of cigarrette smoke wafting through the open windows,. the quilts on the bed were too thick for the weather and so had to be removed during the night , the rooms were equipped with pedestal fans .Sunday night was more of the same a constant smell of cigarrette smoke. On Monday morning we decided to have breakfast at the pub next door which provides food for Premier in customers we went down at 0945 to be be gruffly told that they closed at 1000 so we would have to order quickly I ordered two cooked breakfasts these are not has described in the Premier Inn menu which is "all you can eat" our breakfasts consisted of one rasher of bacon and one sausage we were not asked if we wanted any more I had to ask for more coffee as this had been removed from the dining area to the kitchen, the staff were mopping and brushing the floor whilst we ate very poor to sum up a restaurant seemingly run for the staff rather than the benefit of customers Another gripe is why do the reception staff only give one plastic card key when the double room is shared by 2 people making it impossible to leave the other person in the room with electricity should one person leave with the key, also only 1 teaspoon between 2 people not enough tea or coffee fot 2 people, I realise that that economies have to be made , but in other Premier Inn's I have stayed there is tea and coffee , milk etc laid out near reception for guests to help themselves all in all as a regular user of Premier Inns I have to say in all honesty that this is the worst I have encountered

Room Tip: Ask for a front facing room away from the pub kitchens ask the reception staff to check that the smo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alan H
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we guarantee this. We do sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that all your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to meet all our customer’s needs. We would like the opportunity to investigate further, please email your booking & review details to talktous@premierinn.com and we will be in contact directly. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Ilfracombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Extremely comfortable and friendly establishment. I have stayed here several times over the last three years. Most of the staff have been there for that length of time. It's nice to see the same happy faces. A real home from home.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Louise G, Manager at Premier Inn Huddersfield West Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for your very kind words, it is great to see all our returning guests and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards, Louise Gibson
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Handy location, a super comfortable bed. Brilliant shower, clean room and more than helpful reception staff with good local knowledge. Booked in advance very good price for 2 nights. Would visit again.

1 Thank Diane D
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am pleased you like our newly refurbished rooms. At Huddersfield West Premier Inn we aim to make all our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Kind regards Louise Gibson.
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Lovely smaller hotel with nice pub next to it. I needed a nights peace and quiet, a little escape for a busy Mum. I wanted a comfy bed and a proper bath to soak in. My expectations were entirely met. The staff were welcoming and cheerful, the rooms have been refurbished with the new comfy beds and the standard of cleanliness was outstanding. The Nags Head pub on the same site was busy but I was well looked after. The only down side is the lack of ventilation/air con. As the rooms overlook the M62 it is impossible to keep the window open and although there are fans in the rooms I found it a bit of a nuisance and turned it off. As it was a cool night it wasn't much of a problem for me though. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Helen W
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, its great to know you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West and you felt welcome and comfortable.

Durham
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great stay in this new hotel. Excellent location just off the motorway with a lovely eatery just opposite for a quiet drink. The room was spacious and the lighting was a lovely touch in my favourite colour purple.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is great to know you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West and you felt welcome and comfortable. I will pass your comments onto the pub manager at the Nags Head and we look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Hatfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel brand new. Room perfect and staff are a pleasure to deal with.
Food good. Can't fault it! Will stay there again. Ideally located near to motorway, but no noise. Great pub next door, traditional with good beer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you sincerely for your kind comments about Huddersfield West Premier Inn. Our purpose is to make all our guests feel brilliant throughout their stay and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind comments to all my team and all at the Nags Head Pub.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.